Just Because . . So A New Vignette Is Created

Life is full of unexpected pleasures . . or displeasures . .

Yesterday, I received an unexpected pleasure . . She said, “Just Because” . .

Tulip Arrangement

Tulip Arrangement

Tulip Arrangement

~ ~ “To make your day a little brighter” !! ~ ~

Tulip Arrangement

The gorgeous arrangement was from my sister, Carol.

Now, if you ask me, “were you surprised” ??

~ ~ Yes . . and no . .

Tulip Arrangement

Bird cloche

A dear, dear friend of mine, who has since passed away . .

~ ~ told me I was like a bird that flew into her life giving her joy . .

Today, my sister is that bird . . . why? . . . Just because . . .

Bird cloche

Spring Vignette

Tulip Arrangement

I have 4 siblings . . they are all of the mindset of “just because” . . .

~ ~ a mindset of what our parents taught us on how we should live our lives.

Tulip Arrangement

~ ~ to be generous without provocation . .

Tulip Arrangement

I have been blessed with the love of family and friends . .

~ ~ and I was a happy recipient yesterday . . of “just because” . .

Today, I am off to do something for someone . . “just because”.

Hope you have a wonderful day doing something special, “just because” !!

Comments

1. Love it! Love the sentiment and thoughts behind it. Have a beautiful day!

2. Lady on Confederate says:

I love “just because”. I also love the quote about flying into someone’s life.
    Have a wonderful day!

3. What a wonderful surprise, Shirley! And a great way to live! Your vignette looks just beautiful :)
    Susan

4. The vignettes and the words…simply beautiful.

5. What a special surprise! Your sister is so thoughtful! Your vignette is so pretty and looks like you are ready for Spring! I love the quote about “flying” into someone’s life and bringing joy! Thanks for sharing your lovely surprise!

6. Tardevil says:

They are gorgeous! You are lucky to have a sister; especially, a ‘just because’ kind of sister! ;o)

7. What a wonderful post….Thanks so much for sharing it with us.
    Christine’s recent post…Gardens to ComeMy Profile

8. Linda Miller says:

“Just because surprises” are always the best. Your parents raised five thoughtful children. Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the flower arrangement and even more so, the sentiment.

9. How sweet! Those are the best kind. :)
    Stacey’s recent post…I’m Truth Telling About Dogs, Decorating, and PrioritiesMy Profile

10. That is so sweet and such a nice sentiment to live by! Such a beautiful arrangement. Have a wonderful rest of the week!
    Cecilia
    Cecilia’s recent post…A Quick, Fun ProjectMy Profile

11. What a sweet surprise and such a beautiful arrangement! Love the whole vignette! Have a great day Shirley:-)
    martina’s recent post…Wooden Cabinet for the Master BathMy Profile

12. Jeanette Price says:

I love just because!! What a beautiful gift to have been sent. I’m sure you are as much of a joy to your family as they are to you. Even through your blog I can feel your kindness and sweetness. Enjoy those lovely flowers my friend! xoxo

13. Your flowers are beautiful….you have some amazing friends and family!!! I don’t have anyone like that in my life but because of this post I am going to do something just because today! Thank you for inspiring me!!!!
    ~Des

14. Tulips are a wonderful “just because” way to show you are loved and thought about, probably not just on one day but many.
    Lulu’s recent post…Bring on the Green!My Profile

15. Frances arnold says:

I know first hand why your sister sent the flowers. You ARE a very generous person. I’m happy that you are my friend.

16. Shirley, what a beautiful “just because”. I used to send my mom flowers “just because” too. I loved doing it for her. I’m so happy for you t hat you have such a great connection with your family.

Cynthia
    Cynthia’s recent post…Surprise – SurpriseMy Profile

17. The flower arrangement is beautiful and you are very deserving. It is wonderful to have siblings that are just because. I always wished that I would have had siblings, but it wasn’t in the cards. However, I am very close to 3 of my cousins and they are just like siblings.
    Beautiful pictures – the tulips are stunning, I only wish they would last longer.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Mary
    Mary Feguson’s recent post…SPRING HAS SPRUNGMy Profile

18. This touched my heart Shirley. You are truly blessed to have such a wonderful family. That arrangement is so cute and pretty. What a sweet post from you today. It made my heart feel good. Have a great day.
    Kris’s recent post…MemoriesMy Profile

19. Beautiful arrangement and even more beautiful sentiment! Love what you said about being “generous without provocation”…that’s the way I want to live my life. And aren’t sisters the best?!
    Vanessa

20. Such a happy springy vignette!! “Just because” acts of kindness are the best!
    Mary Alice
    Mary Alice Patterson’s recent post…Close-ups of Spring DecorMy Profile

21. Carol is such a wonderful sister. The tulips are beautiful in your gorgeous home. We’re thinking of you. Love, Pam

22. How sweet! I love the “just because” gestures best. Beautiful flowers! The whole table looks so Springy! Love it!
    Jayne’s recent post…Where Do I Begin?My Profile

23. That is a beautiful arrangement. So so sweet of her.
    Kim’s recent post…Apples or Lemons?My Profile

24. What a lovely sentiment ! I think I know how you feel because today I had the same experience.
    A dear friend of mine surprised me with a magnificent ~30″ Angel/Santa . I had admired her often on display in my friend’s
    home, and I knew how much she cherished this particular piece. The Angel looks like a graceful Spanish Saint and I love her. Thank you, Shirley, for your “generosity without provocation”….just because!!

25. Erin Kaven says:

lovely.

26. Oh I love “just because”! How sweet of your sister! I grew up with 3 brothers so I’ve never had that special “sister” bond. I hope you have a beautiful day!~~Angela
    Angela’s recent post…Master Bedroom ChangesMy Profile

27. This post was such a blessing to me today, it reminded me a little kindness can make someone’s day. What a wonderful family you have. I think each and everyone of us could do a little more “just because”.

28. What a wonderful surprise and also a way of life!!!!!!!!!!! Your parents were wise people indeed. The arrangerment is gorgeous and I think you are the queen of vignettes. You beat everyone, hands down. LOVE your silver pieces, I gave all of the silver that we got as wedding gifts away…..now I regret that decision. Oh well, such is life. I am going to keep “just because” in mind as we travel, and do soething unexpected every day. Thanks for the iea and inspiration. We leave in the morning and I can’t wait! All packed, hair colored and I am raring to go!!!!!
    Pinky at Designs by Pinky’s recent post…~~~My Spring Mantle~~~My Profile

What a wonderfully sweet sentiment…just because! Lovely tulips in a basket too! ;)

30. Those tulips are perfect for Spring and look so pretty in your home. What a sweet surprise!

31. Thanks for sharing…………..it makes me want to celebrate life

32. I love the beautiful arrangement Shirley and the beautiful sentiments you shared!
    HOLLY’s recent post…My Master Bedroom Bed | A Perfect Blend of Splurge, Save and DIYMy Profile

33. Shirley, what a beautiful post. your sister is lucky and blessed to have you.
    laura@top this top that’s recent post…Weekly wow’sMy Profile

34. What a sweet sister you have. Gorgeous arrangement. Enjoy!
    debbiedoos’s recent post…I’m looking over a four leaf cloverMy Profile

35. What a wonderful surprise and thoughtful, kind sister! The flowers are beautiful, as is the vignette!

36. Shirley, This is such a beautiful Spring arrangement! What a sweet sister you have.
    Hugs,
    Sherry
    Sherry @ No minimalist here’s recent post…Painted Frenchy ChairsMy Profile

37. “…to be generous without provocation.” I like it!!!! And I agree with it. And I try to practice it every day of my life. What a sweet gesture from your loving sister!

38. I needed to thank you for this great read!! I definitely loved every
    little bit of it. I have got you book marked to look at new stuff you post…
    roofing companies in baltimore’s recent post…roofing companies in baltimoreMy Profile

39. Just beautiful and a wonderful way to live life…giving to others, just because!
    Blessings,
    Cindy’s recent post…I Can’t Help Myself!My Profile

40. What a lovely and thoughtful “just because”! You are indeed blessed Shirley.

41. You have a lovely sister…but so does she ;).
    Doreen@househoneys’s recent post…How To Make A Woven Ribbon BagMy Profile

42. Thanks for finally writing about >Just Because .
    . So A New Vignette Is Created <Liked it!
    national holiday’s recent post…national holidayMy Profile

43. What a beautiful gift from your sister! I love that you put it on a pedestal! So so pretty… and what a welcomed sight. It’s snowing here again and I need a little bit of spring! xo
    Yvonne @ StoneGable’s recent post…10 AMAZING SPRING PROJECTS FROM THE SCOOP!My Profile

44. Very thoughtful and beautiful…

45. How sweet of your sister! That is something beautiful your parents taught you girls! Thx for the reminder… your blog is beautiful!