Upper Porch for Spring 2014

The moment the temps reached the 70′s . .

~ ~ I was off and running to Lowe’s to get some plants for the upper porch.

The upper porch was truly sad with the lack of flowers.

Upper Back Porch for Spring 2014

I found the yellow and taupe outdoor pillows at HomeGoods . .

~ ~ thought that they would go well with the yellow walls on the porch.

Upper Back Porch for Spring 2014

Go figure…when I am ready to take pics, it rains!

Upper

I feel like this owl..”Oh no!”…it’s raining . .

~ ~ and it is going to be like this for 2 days…welcome Spring!

~ ~ ~ ~ However, “April Showers Bring May Flowers”

Upper Porch for Spring 2014

Upper Porch for Spring 2014

Upper Back Porch for Spring 2014

Wish there could be a “Carolina Blue Sky” today . .

Upper Back Porch for Spring 2014

However, with all this rain, hopefully it will wash all the pollen off the trees!

Upper Back Porch for Spring 2014

My “little lady” welcoming in Spring . .

Spring . . . OH JOY!!

Upper Back Porch for Spring 2014

Hope you enjoyed my first outdoors “Taste of Spring” . .

One porch done . . . two more to go!!!

Have a wonderful day!

I am joining:

Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

From My Front Porch to Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday

Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays

Comments

1. Wow, love the yellows and blue. Those pillows are so pretty, I am definitely going to have to hit up HomeGoods! lol
    Christine’s recent post…Spring 2014 Front PorchMy Profile

2. such a beautiful outdoor space. Hugs
    Katherines Corner’s recent post…Bacon Quiche recipeMy Profile

3. Your upper porch is lovely…and I need to do the same thing. I needy to tidy up and get the flowers planted. In KY I wait until after the first of May to plant anything in the ground. We can have frost in April believe it or not. Maybe I can post a pretty porch pic soon! I hope! Sheila
    Msshe’s recent post…100 Words and Sayings Commonly Used in the SouthMy Profile

4. Your porch is lovely. I love the pillows and wish we had a Home Goods in our area. The new plants from Lowe’s are great, too! I’ve been there more than a few times myself in the last few weeks~

5. I love your porch and wish I had one to sit on. Love the new pillows and plants. I haven’t bought the first plant and I see we are a wee bit ahead of you in spring. Our trees have leaves!
    Kim’s recent post…Cottage Guest RoomMy Profile

6. You are way ahead of me when it comes to having all your pots filled with beauty. Aren’t porches just the best? I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. BTW, rain hasn’t helped pollen here. I’m still sneezing.
    Lulu’s recent post…A Dream Come TrueMy Profile

7. Shirley, your flowers and your porch are just gorgeous! We’ve been getting lots of rain, too.
    Susan

8. Lovely, Shirley! I can’t wait to buy some plants myself. I did buy some small hydrangeas that were on sale at Aldi’s this past week. I’ve been keeping them in the house though for now.
    Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions’s recent post…New Spring WreathMy Profile

9. Linda Miller says:

Very pretty and I’m more than a little jealous. The rule of thumb in Colorado is wait until after Mother’s Day to plant flowers outside. It is supposed to be warm this week with temps around 70 but who knows…it could snow next week. Your new pillows are really pretty and go so nicely with your exterior paint color and the plants. Enjoy!

10. Gorgeous Gorgeous! I just want to sit out there it is so pretty and just watch the day go by. So inviting and relaxing Shirley. Very pretty.
    Kris’s recent post…Spring is here and the Flea Markets have begun.My Profile

11. Your porch is beautiful! Can’t wait to see your flowers later this summer. Even with the rain it feels like spring with all that wonderful color!

12. Now this is a space where I could spend days. I love the yellow, it looks so springy, the flowers and your arrangement of everything is just perfection, and i love those new pillows. Wow, what a beautiful sight.

13. Your porch looks beautiful, even in the rain!
    Mary Alice
    Mary Alice Patterson’s recent post…Playing With Vintage French GoodiesMy Profile

14. Such a beautiful place to spend a day! Have a great week Shirley! xox
    Anne@DesignDreams (@ddreamsbyanne)’s recent post…Three Cheap & Easy DIYs for SpringMy Profile

15. Shirley- What a beautiful porch. I love all the soft subtle colors. It looks like a perfect place to sip a coffee and watch a gentle rain (if it warm enough). You did a great job pulling everything together and the plants are the perfect “finishers”. xo Diana
    Nana Diana’s recent post…My Christmas Cactus Is SOOOO Confused!My Profile

16. Your porch is sooooooo gorgeous….everything is so pristine and crisp looking!!! I have porch envy!!!! LOL!!!
    ~Des
    Des’s recent post…Peaceful Sunday…..My Profile

17. What a lovely porch – I would be setting up thee all the time taking in the beautiful trees, flowers, etc. A great place to have coffee in the am and some sweet tea in the afternoon. That would be my favorite place to read a good book or magazine.
    Have a super week and I hope the temperatures stay warm for you.
    Mary
    Mary Feguson’s recent post…SPRING HAS SPRUNGMy Profile

18. Shirley, I wish spring would appear here in NJ. Today it’s very raw and grey outside. I have a feeling we are going to go right to summer this year. Your porch looks so pretty. You must get a tremendous amount of light in the house from all the beautiful windows. Isn’t just like the weather, it rains as soon as you want a photograph.

Cynthia

19. Pam heine says:

what a lovely porch. We have a very small screened porch in back, and an even smaller front porch. Does your porch get sun? I’m trying to figure out what to plant on my North facing front porch. First time I’ve seen your blog…..I think I’m going to love it.

20. I REALLY have porch envy and you have THREE!!!!! No fair:):) The porch looks beautiful, the pillows and flowers are gorgeous. Love the little girl too and the JOY piece. Wish the sun was out for you. HOT here but rain tomorrow.
    Pinky’s recent post…Dining with Birds and Bunnies!!!!My Profile

21. Shirley,
    It all looks so fresh and inviting! Love that owl. I love your upper porch. I bet it’s a great place to sit and have morning coffee!
    We’ve had rain and slightly cooler temps again but today it’s supposed to be back up to 70. The trees are wearing all their new Spring leaves and the flowers are so pretty!
    Cecilia’s recent post…Spice rack redoMy Profile

22. Beautiful Shirley!! I’m going out this week for pansies.
    martina’s recent post…The floors are done!! Living Room RevealMy Profile

23. It doesn’t get any prettier than that! :)
    Stacey’s recent post…Saturday Feature at Must Love JunkMy Profile

Your porch is so pretty…and looks so comfy! We are still 5-6 weeks way from planting flowers around here…so I’ll live vicariously on yours…K? ;)

25. Shirley,
    Your porch is to die for! I love the contrast of the yellows and grays–such a beautiful combination. The pop of green from the plants is just the perfect finishing touch. Once again, I love your charm and style. Have a wonderful week!
    mimi – 247 mulberry lane’s recent post…Monday With MaggieMy Profile

26. The beautiful flowers in my favorite colors. It’s all so pretty.

Also I really love the garden girl statue. Whereever did you find it?

27. Your upper porch is so pretty! Love all the comfy seating and patterned pillows. Really like those bright blue hydrangeas too. I still have mine from the photo shoot and hope to get them planted after the rain stops. It has rained here all day.

28. What a great porch! I love that you have window boxes on the rails. I am dying to get something in my window boxes I just need it a tad warmer. Enjoy your porch!
    Jordan@the2seasons’s recent post…The Lady’s LairMy Profile

29. Your upper porch is so charming and cozy Shirley. I would love to be sitting up there with you just chattin and sippin away:)
    Debbie Manno’s recent post…How to make stuffed banana peppersMy Profile

30. Your upper porch would be a dream! I adore it’s charming and intimate feel. What pretty plants and flowers you chose. You would not be able to drag me downstairs until well past noon. I would just sit in my pj’s and sip coffee and read. SIGH!
    Yvonne @ StoneGable’s recent post…THE SCOOP #113My Profile

31. Shirley….what a gorgeous porch! The hydrangeas are just beautiful! A nice cup of coffee and a magazine is all that’s missing!

32. Jeannette says:

Your porch does look very inviting. Love your pillows and of course your flowers. My husband surprised me with some flowers over the weekend, just because. Still snow here and today heavy rain, so flowers always lift my spirit!
    Have a great day

33. You have a beautiful upper porch. I love the pillows, and the hangings on the wall. That owl is adorable! Your porch looks like a great place to enjoy a morning cup of coffee.
    My front porch is my favorite room of the house. I am dying to do my front porch and deck, but I’m going to wait until all the pollen goes away. My porch needs a good cleaning and painting, and I just don’t see the point until the pollen passes. I have gotten some flowers for my hanging baskets,though. I can’t do pillows. Our dog would have them torn to shreds in no time.
    Now that the rain has passed for a few days, let’s go enjoy our porches!
    Jayne’s recent post…Sweet and Sour ChickenMy Profile

34. Jeanette Price says:

Oh Shirley your porch looks lovely. I love the pot that the calla lilys are in. Where did you get that? Today it’s starting to warm up a bit here in NJ. I really want to get outside an d spruce up my front steps with a little color. Happy Spring my friend enjoy your porch!

35. Hi Shirley, Everything is so beautiful! I look forward to seeing the other porches decorated for Spring.
    xx,
    Sherry
    Sherry’s recent post…Vintage Garden Show & New Purchases For The CourtyardMy Profile

36. Nancy Carroll says:

Beautiful! You’ve inspired me to change things up on my front porch. Love your Lady and the pedestal she sits on! Can’t wait to see your other porches.

37. Wish I could join you on your porch (with our matching furniture) for a cocktail! My yard is just starting to turn green – the tulips are poking their heads out of the ground and I can see the light at the end of a long, cold, dark winter!
    Kelly
    Kelly @ Eclectically Vintage’s recent post…Vintage Lover’s Paradise in an Old Barn!My Profile

• I have you to thank for my beautiful furniture Kelly!!!…Hope to see yours soon surrounded by the beautiful tulips!

38. Yes, of course, I enjoyed your first taste of Spring! The blue and yellow is beautiful mixed together. Your porch is so inviting … full of vibrant colors … and, ready to be enjoyed! I look forward to seeing more! And, as much as I’m not a fan of the rain, we’re more than welcoming here right now to wash some of this yucky pollen away!
    Becca’s recent post…Spring in the Sitting RoomMy Profile

39. Home Goods! Duh! I forgot to check Home Goods for toss pillows!!! I’ve been on the hunt for pillows that have a fresh Spring green in them, and I haven’t been able to find much. Completely and totally forgot about Home Goods. I guess I’ll swing by there tomorrow…or over the weekend when Ramon is out of town and I can shop at my leisure! ;-)

Your porch is looking fantastic as always!!! The rain is a good thing…it ensures that you’ll have beautiful surroundings to gaze upon all Spring and Summer long!
    Alycia Nichols’s recent post…Spring GreenMy Profile

40. What an amazing view! Love your porch. Still haven’t finished mine yet for this spring season that continues to waffle! Have a great day.
    Linda’s recent post…Table Mix & Match for SpringMy Profile

41. Your porch looks beautiful Shirley!:)

42. May I ask where you purchased your ceramic leaf Joy? June we are having a ladies tea and the theme is “Joy” I would love to find 8 of them for our decor! thanks Linda