Antique French Buffet Vignette

The other day, I revealed a new vignette on my mantel . . .

~ ~ and I took several pieces from the antique French Buffet to create the “mantelscape”

Therefore, needless to say, I needed to create a new vignette on the buffet.

So still with my dancing shoes on, doing the “vignette shuffle”, I started gathering items.

Antique French Buffet Vignette

Antique French Buffet Vignette

Grabbed some topiaries . . . and my vintage bird plates and placed on a decorative stand.

Antique French Buffet Vignette

Antique French Buffet Vignette

I added the French Trophy Plaque which was my very first purchase in France. The date was meaningful !!

The glass molds were another purchase from France that sit upon another French purchase . .

~ ~ ~ ~ a great “monogrammed” grain sack.

Antique French Buffet Vignette

Antique French Buffet Vignette

The afternoon sun streams in the foyer every afternoon.

Demijohns

A trio of demijohns fill the space where the Antique Gathering Basket once stood . . .

~ ~ and has a new home on the hearth.

Antique French Buffet

Antique French Boot Forms

Antique French Boot Forms

On the other side of the buffet is a vintage chair holding the antique French boot forms . . .

~ ~ the canes were previously in the gathering basket so now they are “hanging their hat” on the chair!

Antique French Buffet

After completing the new vignette, with my dancing shoes still on . . .

~ ~ and turning up the volume of the C.D. of the hit song, “The Vignette Shuffle”. . .

~ ~ ~ ~ tapping to the beat of another vignette makeover done!

If you would like to see how the French Buffet vignette looked like before you can see it HERE.

Hope you find inspiration today with your dancing shoes on, tapping to the beat of the “Vignette Shuffle”

~ ~ and, “I Hope You Dance” ! ! !

I am joining:

Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

Cedar Hill Farmhouse for The Scoop

Miss Mustard Seed for Furniture Feature Friday

Comments

1. What a gorgeous piece that buffet is, Shirley! I want to change mine up a bit but that requires me to put something together that I have to go to Lowe’s to get supplies for. I’d like to try and get to that this weekend and get it done before Fall comes! : )
    Kathy @ Creative home expressions’s recent post…Where Bloggers Create ~ 2014My Profile

2. Your French Buffet is a beauty no matter how you serve it up Shirley! Love all the greens you’ve gathered to flank the stained glass window 🙂
    Mary’s recent post…Wine A Bit: Grandfather Vineyard and WineryMy Profile

3. Shirley,

such beautiful and unique pieces on a stunning French Buffet. I have never seen the antique plate holder like that…Pottery barn should copy your style because it’s beautiful!
    Christine’s recent post…Trimming Around Flower BedsMy Profile

4. Linda miller says:

Very pretty redo, Shirley. Love all the green, a color I am using a lot now in my home. I feel that it is the new neutral. It goes with everything and in all shades. Just like we see in nature. Hope you are enjoying Haven.

5. Your buffet is a beautiful piece of furniture and like Mary I love how you use the green hues on it to go with the stained glass. I wish I could find a large demijohn, love yours. I know you are having a blast at Haven.
    Pinky at Designs by Pinky’s recent post…Summer House Tour, Part 2My Profile

6. It’s always fun to put on our dancing shoes Shirley 😉 Beautiful vignette…that whole area looks stunning!!
    martina’s recent post…My Loot!!My Profile

7. I don’t know where to start! I love all of it. You are so talented and enjoy watching you work your magic on your home. I love the demijohns, the glass molds, the buffet, and your photography. Will you be my blogging fairy god mother? Ha!
    A bientôt!
    Sheila

8. Linda Kemp says:

Love everything but the demijohns and plate holders are over the top. You are very creative!

9. You have some of the most beautiful and unusual things In your home. I love that plate stand. I’ve never seen one like that.
    Nancy s’s recent post…Antique French Buffet VignetteMy Profile

10. Jeanette Price says:

Everything always looks so gorgeous no matter what you do. I like to move things around but sometimes I don’t have the energy to do. I sometimes think it’s easier to clean it and just put it back. Feel free to come visit me and help me relocate things any time. Have a wonderful weekend:)

11. Martha in Michigan says:

I love your blog, Shirley, and that buffet is the most beautiful piece of furniture! What kind of wood is it? Does it have its original finish? How do you care for it? Martha

12. I love all the changes. You have some great pieces from France. I’ve said it before, I love that cabinet- the details really are fabulous!

13. Very pretty, Shirley! I love all the French accessories! I love the green accessories with the your gorgeous window! This is a lovely vignette!

14. Shirley I just love your simple but lovely vignettes. This is a great one.
    Thanx, Jo

15. Shirley, you always have such pretty vignettes! I love all of your french accessories; and every time that you do your “shuffle”, it turns out just right! Feel free to come and rearrange my things anytime!
    Shenita’s recent post…~A Citrus Tablescape~My Profile

16. Ooh-la-la!! Absolutely lovely! I was in a shop today that had several very old French trophy plaques which were so awesome. I have never seen these before, so your trophy plaque caught my eye right away.
    Mary Alice
    Mary Alice Patterson’s recent post…It’s All About The PatinaMy Profile

17. Beautiful!!! My daughter gave my a jar similar to yours for Mother’s Day. It now sits on my mantle and holds some clippings from my Crape Myrtles. I’m going to do a post on it soon. Hope you had fun at Haven!
    Jayne’s recent post…Getting Ready for the Lake!My Profile

18. Gorgeous vignette! My favorites are the pretty glass molds.
    You have a perfect eye for design.
    Hugs,
    Patti
    Patti’s recent post……And The Fork Ran Away With The Spoon?My Profile

19. Shirley, I adore your new vignette! It’s chock full of French goodness! 🙂
    Susan
    must love junk’s recent post…I’m In Vintage Style Magazine!My Profile

20. Jeannette says:

Like others I love your new vignette. That piece of furniture is worthy of a post on its own…since I’m fairly new to your blog maybe you have already done this. Anyway, it is a gorgeous piece of furniture!

21. Shirley – I love the vignette shuffle and I am SO glad I finally got to meet you in real life 🙂 Amanda xoxo
    Amanda @ Dixie Delights’s recent post…Haven Conference {Day 3}My Profile

22. Love the look specially the stained glass frame…
    Lorb’s recent post…The Daily Post – RelicMy Profile

23. Everything looks great Shirley. You have so many pretty items to play with. Isn’t it great to be able to shuffle things around to make new vignettes.
    Mary
    Mary Feguson’s recent post…HURRAH FOR THE RED, WHITE and BLUEMy Profile

24. Beautifully displayed items on that gorgeous buffet!
    Helen’s recent post…Gorgeous Antiques AnyoneMy Profile

25. Belle Abner says:

Ohhhhh where did you get the plate stands??????

26. Absolutely GORGEOUS! Found you through StoneGable “scoop”. Congrat’s on your feature! 🙂