The Sunroom Refreshed for Spring

I have been refreshing  my rooms from Winter decor to Spring decor.

That is always a fun thing to do as we all love Spring.

I have already Refreshed the Great Room for Spring.

The Sunroom Refreshed for Spring was next on the list.

I had a couple of inspiration pieces to work with.

When I received my new issue of Country Living, it was a no brainer to

go back to HomeGoods and get those pillows that I have had my eye on

and hoping they were still there.

Sunroom-Spring 2017-Housepitality Designs

The cover of the April Issue of Country Living magazine is truly an inspiration.

The colors on the cover were joyful . . . . . happy!

Sunroom Spring 2017-Housepitality Designs

I saw some  pillows (Ralph Lauren) at HomeGoods and pondered on whether to buy them.

I am truly trying to purge things in this house that are no longer needed or useful.

So I put them down and went on my merry way.

Sunroom Spring 2017-Ralph Lauren-Pottery Barn-Pillows-Housepitality Designs

Then came the Country Living magazine in my mailbox.

Needless to say, I had the epiphany! …. Those Ralph Lauren pillows!

My justification for buying them was  that pillow covers are certainly things

that do not take up much storage space and they add such delight to your decor.

Yes, great justification!

The colors of the pillows also reminded me of Jelly Beans!

Jelly Beans-Housepitality Designs

I called the HomeGoods store to see if the pillows were still there . . .  No . . . gone!

However, another store had them. I have 5 HomeGoods within a 20 mile radius

of where I live. Lucky me!

Blue and White Bowl-Granny Smith Apples-Salt Glazed Pottery Bunny-Housepitality Designs

The blue and white bowl with the apples remain on the table.

I added a small brass tray that I bought at the estate sale

that was in my neighborhood for a few dollars. Added the salt glazed pottery bunny

to the tray. I have had that little bunny for many years. It’s by Rowe Pottery.

Sunroom-Chinoiserie table-Jelly Beans-Spring Vignette-Housepitality Designs

The yellow and white pillows are ones that I have had in my stash.

You may notice that I have changed lamps on the potting bench.

That blue and white lamp used to be on my magazine rack side table.

Sunroom-Spring-Spring Vignette-Chinoiserie table-Housepitality Designs

Now this beauty is on that table. Another great find/buy from the estate sale.

My eye went straight to that lamp when I entered the room at the sale.

I grabbed that lamp and unplugged it quickly!

Sunroom-Chinoiserie lamp-Housepitality Designs

Someone on my Instagram asked if the shade was a tulip shade.

Not sure. I thought it was a pagoda shade. Do you know?

Sunroom-Spring 2017-Housepitality Designs

Made a few changes to the potting bench. One of the changes I made was

replacing the lantern on the bottom shelf area with the vintage stool

along with my “keep it in the family” ironstone bowl.

Sunroom-Vintage Stool-Vintage flower pots-Potting Bench-Housepitality Designs

Did you notice that there was a new scarf in the French Market basket?

Coach scarf-French Market Basket-Lavender-Housepitality Designs

I also swapped ottomans. The wicker ottoman was in this room previously.

That ottoman was placed in one of the guest baths where this ottoman was.

As my hubby brought that ottoman into the sunroom, he stated that he liked it better there

as it was not so matchy-matchy with all the wicker.

PROGRESS!!!! … As he is a matchy-matchy kind of guy! That called for a Happy Dance!

Sunroom-Cane and Bamboo Chair-Housepitality Designs

I am pleased with the few changes that I made to refresh the sunroom for Spring.

Sunroom Spring 2017-Housepitality Designs

It shows you how much effect that pillows can make on a room.

These pillows definitely made a very happy effect!

Sunroom 2017-Housepitality Designs

I call it Jelly Bean Happy! …. As eating Jelly Beans make me happy!

Sunroom Spring 2017-Chinoiserie Table-Chelsea House-Housepitality Designs

I am busy refreshing more areas in the house to include an Easter tablescape that I will reveal

next week that also made me Jelly Bean Happy!

Have a most Beautiful and Jelly Bean Happy Day!

Comments

1. Shirley, I love the pillows.. I have to drive 60 miles to get to a Home Goods. The lamp was a fabulous find and I would be glad to take it and the coffee table if you tire of them. I used to collect Rowe pottery and sold my collection, what was I thinking! The sunroom is just beautiful, I would love to have a cup of coffee and visit in that gorgeous space!
    Pam Richardson’s recent post…Tablescape Tuesday: Joie de VivreMy Profile

2. Karenann says:

Everything is so bright and pretty, really shines “Spring!” I love the way you accessorize the room, every little detail perfectly laid out! And I absolutely adore your curtains. They are so pretty! Gorgeous room!

3. Cherylinkansas says:

Morning! My eyes went immediately to that fabulous black lamp with the cool shade! I have a terrible lamp fetish, along with blue and white dishes, rabbits, pitchers, etc etc…hehe. Have always loved your sunroom! Actually your whole house!
    Laughed the other day with the pic of magazines…I too am going thru my quilt mags and books. When we lived in Atlanta 20 yrs ago I spent a lot of my time at Little Quilts in Marietta…my husband swore he owned a part of the store…so we used show him his corner….hehehe.
    Anyway….have a wonderful spring in your sunroom…..

4. Love this room. The pillows are beautiful and shout SPRING! Enjoy your Wednesday!

5. Tammy Pegher says:

My goodness…beautiful!!

6. 5 Homegoods, I would faint!! Your pillows are adorable, and yes jelly beans! It’s all so bright, fresh, happy and colorful, Lovely Shirley!
    Jenna’s recent post…Creations, Spring is Blooming!My Profile

7. Cheryl Bull says:

Shirley, I think your sunroom is perfect for starting the day as you sip your coffee or tea.
    The lamp is amazing! (I relate completely to focused beeline one makes to the perfect find).The shade is square at the top so I think that rules out being a tulip shade but I
    could be wrong. What a lovely room!

8. Beautiful sunny and cheery updates that invites spring in! So glad the pillows were available at another HomeGoods. I remember when you and I visited all those HomeGoods. That was a fun day! Love the new lamp and I would say it is a pagoda shape, too.

9. I love your sunroom and those pillows are beautiful! I would be in so much trouble if I had that many Home Goods in my area. I only have one that is about 15 miles and that one gets me into trouble. It takes me forever when I go there, because I have to look at everything. I’d make a trip to mine today if I thought I would find those pillows!!

10. The pillows are beautiful, so bright and cheery! They are pillow covers? I have never seen covers at HG. I love all the “refreshing” you have done and I LOVE the sunroom! Be back later, gotta run. Bowling this morning but had to check your blog FIRST!!!! XO
    Pinky’s recent post…Early Spring on the Coffee Table and new Pillows!My Profile

11. PS, LOVE that new lamp and I thought it was a pagoda shade also:)
    Pinky’s recent post…Early Spring on the Coffee Table and new Pillows!My Profile

12. Shirley, I love those pillows! I am still trying to find some pillows for my living room to change things up for Spring and Summer, but I just haven’t found anything yet. I saw the lamp on Instagram…it is gorgeous. You found some really wonderful finds! I always love your sunroom, and just when I think it can’t get any prettier, it does! I hope that you enjoy your day, sweet friend!!!
    Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors’s recent post…An Easy Spring Vignette, My Spring Foyer, and a Creative Decorating IdeaMy Profile

13. Love the whole room! The pillows are so pretty and I would have grabbed that lamp too.
    Penny at Enjoying The Simple Things’s recent post…My New BusinessMy Profile

14. Shirley, that room makes me happy just glancing at your photos! Jelly bean happy! Beautiful colors, sunlight streaming in, the perfect space for spring. Love the lamp, I’m going with you on the pagoda shade. I’m trying to refresh our home too, to bring more spring indoors. Xo Lidy
    Lidy@FrenchGardenHouse antiques’s recent post…Introduce a Breath of Spring to your Home DecorMy Profile

15. Your lamp looks great in your sunroom. Perfect with your coffee table. I have quite a bit of Rowe Pottery pieces. They were here in Wisconsin, and I have many fond memories of going to their annual warehouse sale and shopping in their great store. Sadly they downsized several years ago and I don’t know if they are even in business anymore.

16. Your sunroom is looking Springy! Those pillows are pretty and they do remind you of jelly beans….I like that lamp and it is a pagoda shade. Those shades give elegance to a room!

17. Rebecca Turner says:

A very happy space! I LOVE the pillows! The yellow ones definitely make one think of sunshine and the accompanying floral pillows make me, at least, think of English chinz plates. The blue and white looks great for added zest. I see you have kept your “black” triangle with the coffee table, mirror and lamp. Black keeps a room from looking too sweet. But this room is looking pretty sweet, in a good way. Beam me over Scotty!

18. This color way is different from most of yours and it is definitely springy. If Phil were to spot the jelly beans they’s be gone in a flash. Great lamp…I have a friend who’d love to have it.
    Linda’s recent post…A Piece of the WorldMy Profile

19. Enjoy, Shirley! Your sunroom is now HomeGoods Happy!
    xo Heidi
    Heidi @ Decor & More’s recent post…Laundry Room Refresh: the RevealMy Profile

I love how your ‘new to you lamp’, mixes so well with your mirror…and that cocktail table. I believe it was meant to be. The Jelly Beans are a great touch! 😉

21. Beautifulllllll! So pretty and springy. Love the pillows…I took would have grabbed that lamp.
    I think it is a pagoda shade too. I thought a tulip shade was similar but circular?:)

I didn’t know Home Goods had pillow covers either. HMMMM – need to dig more when I’m there.

22. It is so pretty and colorful. I am inspired to add color to my sunroom.

23. Barbara says:

Thank you for showing a photo of the entire room. It really helps to see everything in one shot. You did a beautiful job with your spring styling!

24. I adore your sunroom…so crisp and cool! It looks like the perfect place to curl up with a good book and a glass of iced tea on a hot summer day!

25. I have seen your sunroom up close and personal and it is the prettiest space ever. You get beautiful light in there always. Your sunroom is so cozy, pretty and inviting always. Have a great rest of the week Shirley. Enjoy that sunny sun room.
    Hugs,
    Kris @ Junk Chic Cottage’s recent post…Cottage HuntingMy Profile

26. Love the CL inspiration and new pillows for your sunroom! Lucky you to have 5 HomeGoods that nearby 🙂
    Mary’s recent post…Beautiful and Blooming Window Boxes of CharlestonMy Profile

27. The sunroom is such a pretty space….

28. I could spend so much tim in that space Shirley! You will miss it I am sure.
    Pamela-From my front porch to yours’s recent post…DIY Farmhouse Range HoodMy Profile

29. Love your sun room and how you put things together!! Love the jelly bean pillows and am on the hunt for them!! That new lamp is a great find and I am crazy for your tole coffee table…….happy spring…..

30. Your sunroom is so inviting, fresh, and feminine. I love every detail, especially your curtains. But, also the pillows, the lamp, etc. etc. Everything looks beautifully curated to welcome springtime!
    Carol (“Mimi”)’s recent post…How to Update a Wicker TableMy Profile

31. My favorite take away from this post was your “Happiness” really more refreshing than anything. The pillows were well worth it. Cute sun room, so happy Spring is finally here. I too have been putting Spring in my rooms.

Trackbacks

1. […] the change from from the Sunroom Spring decor of the bright and cheery […]