Something I Could Not Pass Up

During my travels last month, I had the pleasure of making an overnight stop

on our way home ( in-between trips) and visit our friends

who live on St. Simon’s Island. As soon as we arrived, we were treated to lunch

and a visit with their beautiful grandchildren and daughter in law.

After lunch,  the grands headed back home and JoAnn and I hit the roads and went shopping,

The guys took the bikes and biked on the beaches of Jekyll Island.

While the guys got their exercise from biking,  we get ours by running  . . . . .

in and out of shops!!!  My kind of exercise!

It was on my shopping adventure with JoAnn that I saw something. . . .

Something I Could Not Pass Up!!!

Brighton Pagoda Candle Holder-Housepitality Designs

It is the Brighton Pagoda candle holder by Two’s Company.

I researched it when I got home and found that Wayfair

had carried them (sold in pairs) but out of stock.

Brighton Pagoda Candle Holder-Housepitality Designs

Isn’t it a beauty? I must admit that I stood in front of it and

thought long and hard . . . should I get it? I walked away, but then

came back to where it was and stated to my friend JoAnn, “I am getting this!”

Antique Marbled Covered Books-Housepitality Designs

I could not wait to come home after being with my mom in Georgia to

place it on the coffee table and create a new vignette.

Antique Marbled Covered Books-Housepitality Designs

I wanted  the new vignette to have a mix of various of metals and textures.

These antique marbled covered books add great texture and were also a great find on my trip.

So I definitely wanted to use them on the table.

Antique Books-Antique Silver Creamer-Housepitality Designs

My antique silver monogrammed creamer  adds to  the mix of metals

of silver, brass and gold tones.

Antique Books-Brass Candles-Silver Creamer-Housepitality Designs

Lavender from the Pelindaba Organic Lavender Farm

found in a lavender shop on my trip fills the silver vase and creamer.

The small silver vase found on a trip to Maine years ago,

is crafted from a silver fork!

Blue and White-Boxwood Topiary-Silver Vase-Housepitality Designs

Preserved boxwood is always a great thing to use to add beautiful color

and texture to a vignette. Love the contrast of the pure white ironstone

and the deep green color of the boxwood.

Ironstone tureen with boxwood topiary-antique books-Housepitality Designs

Ironstone-Preserved Boxwood-Antique books-Housepitality Designs

I lit the candles the other day when I completed the new vignette

on the coffee table and enjoyed the candlelight so much that I let the candles

burn down a bit and loved the way the candles look with the lovely drippy wax.

Lavender-Housepitality Designs

I am so happy that I chose to buy this Pagoda candle holder as I so love it.

There was a larger sized Pagoda candle holder. I chose the smaller one.

Also love the fact that it is versatile and I can use it in any of my rooms.

Brighton Pagoda Candle Holder-Housepitality Designs

I continue to use the breadboard on the table as I feel it

grounds part of the vignette on the table. The same way you would use a tray

to corral some items on a table for a more interesting, collected look.

Brighton Pagoda Candle Holder-Housepitality Designs

Brighton Pagoda Candle Holder-Blue and White-Boxwood Topiary-Housepitality Designs

As I was photographing the table, I looked over and saw the reflection of the

candles in the window. I noticed that I did a good job in creating the graduating

heights of the candles by the way the reflection shows. 🙂

Oh it’s those little things in life that can make me happy! Ha!

Window view-Housepitality Designs

I came home to find beautiful  new growth of leaves on the trees and shrubs

along with lots of pollen to clean up!

I wish you a most beautiful Spring day and a fabulous weekend!!

Comments

1. I wouldn’t have been able to walk by that either! It is so pretty, and so many styling possibilities 🙂 XO

2. Very pretty find, but my favorite is the fork vase. So sweet!
    Kim’s recent post…Where The Mirror Hangs and A New ?My Profile

3. The pagoda candle holder is awesome and so classy. It looks really lovely in your vignette with the blue the blue and white cachepot.
    lisa’s recent post…Share Your Style Party #112My Profile

4. Glad you didn’t resist because the vignette you created with your new pagoda candle holder is so pretty! I love the brass candles and boxwood with blue and white. The lavender is a sweet touch too.
    I want a cutting board like yours but don’t want to pay an arm and a leg for one. Maybe I’ll get lucky one day.
    bonnie morgan’s recent post…Tulips, Foxgloves, Bluebonnets,Indian Paint Brush, and moreMy Profile

5. So beautiful, all of it

6. Alycia nichols says:

Had you left it there, it would have been nothing short of a travesty!!! That is a beautiful and versatile design piece that I’m sure you’ll find many uses for over the years. Great score!

7. Now you KNOW I would have grabbed that as soon as I saw it! It is GORGEOUS! You may not remember the pagoda lantern that I got from 2 friends as a house warming gift when we moved here. Maybe I should do a post about it! It has traveled into the master and you get a glimpse of it on my “Moving and Shaking Things up for Spring ” post I did the other day. I love the lavender and the silver pieces are gorgeous! Of course the blue and white is beautiful to my eyes as well. Have a great weekend. I met Yvonne yesterday for lunch, it was great. I’ll e-mail you. XO
    Pinky’s recent post…Moving and Shaking Things up for SpringMy Profile

8. Something about the pagoda shape enchants me as well, and I think its a beautiful candle holder. I would have fought you for that one.
    Amy Chalmers’s recent post…Easter ideas from yesteryear, Silver baby cups and its a Girl!My Profile

9. What a beautiful pagoda candle holder, and you have displayed it perfectly! I love it! I hope you have a wonderful day, sweet friend!

10. It’s beautiful Shirley, and you will always remember the fun day you had with a special friend. I am crazy about the fork vase too, very COOL!
    Jenna’s recent post…Fearless Friday, Sketching StationMy Profile

I’m not sure I could’ve resisted that either. But I resisted an iron pagoda lantern in a thrift store the other day…went back next day….gone. You would’ve thought I’d have learned that lesson by now! Love that fork vase too…..beautiful! 😉

12. Shirley: This is such a beautiful post – I don’t know where to begin with my comments.
    First, I do love the pagoda candle holder and you have displayed it beautifully. I am also a bit in love with the boxwood and the beautiful books. But, I am over the moon about the little silver bud vase – it is stunning.
    Thank you for this beautiful post and such great inspiration. Wishing you beautiful spring days!

13. Jonelle says:

So glad to see you mixing the metals. I’ve never liked or understood not doing so. Beautiful–down to every little detail.

14. Nancy cox says:

That is an absolutely gorgeous vignette. I love every piece. Great job,,,

15. I love your pagoda candle holder! What a lovely vignette.
    Penny at Enjoying The Simple Things’s recent post…TemptationMy Profile

16. Oh boy I do love that new piece! I want one but not two! Two’s Company offers some great deco items. Beautiful job mixing the metals and the lavender into your vignette!
    Liz @ Infuse With Liz’s recent post…Hopping Into Spring DiningMy Profile

17. You find the loveliest things on your travels. Love the Pagoda candle holder and the very unique silver vase out of a fork. The lovely silver pitcher reminds me I need to get out my silver mint julep cup and polish it.(I’m not a fan of the tarnished silver look) It will soon be Derby Day. I always have roses in my cup. We transplanted Louisvillians always celebrate Derby Day.
    Since Fernindina is a fun day trip fun us, I want to check out the Lavender Shop too. Thanks for all the inspiration you give us.

18. I wouldn’t have passed this one up either. I have done that so often trying to decide on something, but I have learned that if you can’t get the item off your mind and you keep going back to it, just do like you did, and go for it. I have never regretted doing this, however, I have regretted not getting certain items i couldn’t make my mind up on. Love it! Great find! I want to go shopping with you!…..lol

19. I love everything placed on a bread board. Genius! That pagoda candle holder is gorgeous.

20. Please stop taunting me Shirley! Ha! I love anything with a faux bamboo or Chinoserie feel to it so the pagoda candle holder is right up my alley. I found one similar last summer at HomeGoods in a white, glossy finish but I love yours with the pagoda top.

I too am hoping the pollen will be done with in a few weeks. Its pretty heavy right now in central VA. I am not even attempting to clean off my screen porch until the worst part is over. Have a good weekend!

21. Sherry Myers says:

Thank you for sharing the beauties of your trip. This is a gorgeous candleholder. The mix of metals is a timeless choice for a vignette to me. Beautiful! You have such a lovely touch. I always enjoy seeing your creative eye at work. Have a wonderful weekend.

22. Gorgeous vignette , I love it all . Very well done!

23. PrettyPagoda candle holder Shirley! I can see you using it lots of places 🙂
    Mary’s recent post…No-Bake Easter Bunny BarkMy Profile

24. What a gorgeous find, Shirley! You will enjoy that for years to come… welcome home! xo Heidi
    Heidi @ Decor & More’s recent post…Five on Friday: Turning 50My Profile

25. Marty Oravetz says:

What a gorgeous find and I love your vignette too.

26. Love the candle holder and the nice vignette. Glad you had a great time with your friend shopping. That’s one of my favorite things to do. :o)

27. Shirley, it is so fun shopping with you as you always spot the greatest items and then proceed to incorporate them so beautifully in your home! I love the entire vignette with the pagoda lantern and also love the silver fork vase. By the way, you always leave a wonderful change to my decor and as I look at the changes I think of you and the fun we always have together!

28. Shirley, I would have bought the pagoda candle holder for sure. I can see you using it in different ways. The spoon vase is certainly great and unusual. I love the way you create interesting and collected vignettes…always perfect!
    Pam Richardson’s recent post…Simple + Southern Sunday No. 128My Profile

29. So pretty! Great find and your photography of the candles is splendid! I agree – shopping IS exercise!

30. When a great find! And a gorgeous vignette. I so love the look of mixed metals. I think all your “exercise” paid off in more ways than one!
    Maureen’s recent post…DIY Spring Planter for Under $10My Profile

31. I would have purchased that too if i saw it! I have been many time to St Simon Island, its only 45 minutes away from me. Its such a charming place.
    Maria

32. Shirley,
    Your new pagoda candleholder is really adorable! After visiting the Japanese gardens at the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens last week, this certainly keeps that feeling going. Lovely piece and I love your tablescape! Boxwood is a favorite of mine, too.
    Barb 🙂
    Barbara Chapman ~ French Ethereal’s recent post…Incredible Texas Wildflowers!My Profile

33. What a lovely find!!!!

34. I love this, it’s perfect for your home, Shirley! It’s always a joy to find something that gives you so much joy once it’s in its place at home, isn’t it? xo Lidy
    Lidy@Frenchgardenhouse Antiques’s recent post…EASTER BRUNCH CHECK LISTMy Profile