Enjoying My Upper Back Porch Dressed for Spring

It took me two days of cleaning so that I could  refresh my upper back porch.

Although it was not a pleasant task of cleaning the furniture cushions

and the porch area of the pollen that had fallen while I was away . . .

it was worth it, as I am so enjoying my upper back porch dressed for Spring!

I adorned the porch with lots of happy Spring flowers that I purchased

from various garden centers.

Spring Porch-Blue and White-Housepitality Designs

For me, refreshing the porches for Spring means bringing in lots of beautiful Spring blooms.

I found this beauty of a combination of tulips, daffodils and hyacinths

at my local Lowe’s Home Improvement. They were a great price, so I bought two!

Spring Flowers-Blue and White-Spring Porch-Housepitality Designs

I found this pretty blue flower pot in a diamond pattern at my favorite

privately owned garden shop (Dale’s Greenhouse in Sanford, NC)

for the great price of $7.20.

I thought it would be perfect for my assorted Spring flower container garden.

I always love the reflections that the mirror on the tea cart present.

Spring Flowers-Tea Cart-Spring Porch-Housepitality Designs

The other Spring flower container garden landed on the vintage Singer sewing table

in other corner of the porch.

Spring Flower container garden-Spring Porch-Housepitality Designs

My hydrangea bushes are not ready for their blooms just yet

so I get my hydrangea fix by buying them from the garden centers!

Vintage Singer Sewing Table-Spring Porch-Housepitality Designs

As another season is here, it is time to refresh and reuse some pillows.

I found these pretty watercolor’esque  floral pillows at HomeGoods the other day.

Spring Porch 2017-Housepitality Designs

I loved that they coordinated well with the new petunia color this year

of yellow and black. The black also seems to give an appearance of a deep purple too.

Spring Porch 2017-Housepitality Designs

Yellow and Black Petunia-Housepitality Designs

My hubby said this was his favorite Spring flower

that I had  brought home among the other Spring blooms.

He loved that the color was so dramatic. Wow! He notices! (Well, he actually does)

Yellow and black petunia-Housepitality Designs

I have been seeing these great “curly ferns” this Spring

and finally broke down and bought a couple of them.

They say these particular  ferns do not shed and  also do well indoors.

Spring Porch-Housepitality Designs

It has been a while since I was able to sit on the porch and enjoy the view

with a favorite afternoon refreshment.

Love my Moravian lemon cookies with Pellegrino!

Porch Refreshments-Spring Porch-Housepitality Designs

I think my “little lady” approves of the Spring Porch this year.

Spring Porch-Housepitality Designs

I am looking forward to sitting out here and enjoying the view

in-between refreshing the two other porches! One porch down, two to go!

Spring Porch 2017-Housepitality Designs

Spring Porch-Blue and White-Housepitality Designs

See you next week with my Spring Front Porch Refresh.

The fountains have been cranked up and they are working well

after a “Long Winter’s Nap”.

I want to wish you all a most Joyous Easter with your loved ones!

Have a beautiful, beautiful day!

Comments

1. I love all the pretty colors on your porch. Those striped petunias are really cool. I may need to hunt for those here. I hope you can find some time to just sit and enjoy the view. Happy Easter to you and your family!
    Kim’s recent post…Wow Us Wednesdays #321My Profile

2. Oh so beautiful! Happy Easter to you and your family!
    linda’s recent post…Painting my days away…My Profile

3. Oh how I wish I could sit here with you and have a cookie! Lemo is my favorite! The new pillows are beautiful as is that petunia! T. is right! I will look for the “curly” ferns, as I have wanted some for around here this year. Wishing YOU a very Happy and blessed Easter with your loved ones! I will have a lot of time with my sweetheart, I pick her up today, have her overnight and all day Fri., then gymnastics on Sat. and then Easter at their house! FUN!!!
    Pinky’s recent post…Spring Around the Yard,2017My Profile

4. whoops, lemon:)
    Pinky’s recent post…Spring Around the Yard,2017My Profile

5. I’ve never seen those crazy petunias! How fun! You make me want to run to the nursery! Your porch is like a garden! Happy Easter
    Jenna’s recent post…Creations, Bottle BeautyMy Profile

6. Such a happy, welcoming space! A perfect reflection of the time of year. Love all your blooms and colors (especially that stunning petunia!!). Have a wonderful Easter, Shirley.
    Rosie M.’s recent post…Perfect Present from ProvenceMy Profile

7. It looks so fresh! I love the watercolor pillow.
    Penny at Enjoying The Simple Things’s recent post…TemptationMy Profile

8. I absolutely love this…love that watercolor pillow. Your porch looks like it is right out of a magazine. Wish I had one just like it.

9. Beautiful, Shirley! Happy Easter to you and your family.

10. linda kemp says:

Everything looks beautiful. Happy Easter.

11. Your 2nd floor porch is like a secret getaway! So pretty….I would never get anything done. I would sit there, enjoy your view…or read. That petunia you found is so very pretty…and unique. I’ll have to look for it around here…in May. Little too early here for petunias! 😉

12. Karenann says:

Your porch is beautiful. The colors are so happy and inviting. Truly gorgeous!

13. Sheila k says:

Nothing like a clean beautiful porch and yours is gorgeous! Love the new petunia colors too! I’m inspired to do more to mine with pots of color. Happy Easter and Happy Spring. 🐰🐣🌷

14. Your porch is beautiful, Shirley. I have been thinking of you today as I was putting together the jelly bean, peeps and tulips centerpiece that you blogged about several weeks ago, for my granddaughters who arrive today. They will love it! Thanks for the idea. Happy Easter to you and your family!

15. I love it, the pops of color are jut perfect and I love the pots of tulips and daffodils flanking your porch. What a perfect spot for anytime or almost any weather.
    Christine’s recent post…Dining RoomMy Profile

16. Sherry Myers says:

This is my favorite porch, and it is definitely beautiful. I love the blues and yellows. Your taste in flower “pickings” is perfect! The petunia is unique. The hydrangea is glorious! Thank you for sharing your flower garden. It is as pretty as an Easter basket!

17. I think I just found my favorite spot in your home. Shirley this is so lovely! Love the furniture and all the colorful cushions and flowers. It is perfect for this weekend, Easter!!! happy colors and flowers! Great job!
    KATHYSUE’s recent post…Entry Hall Reveal!My Profile

18. Beautifully done! Love the petunia flowers and ferns. The new pillows are perfect and this year I’m in love with the blues! I bought pots in blue last year that gave me a little punch of color. I like these purple and yellows you’ve mixed with blues. We have a ways to go before we can trust that it wont frost again but I’ve got my pots out and ready! Happy Easter!
    Liz @ Infuse With Liz’s recent post…Daffodils & Bunnies Garden Easter BrunchMy Profile

19. just love the beautiful decor would love to enjoy lemon cookies just to set outside and be happy with your style….lucky lady

20. Shirley, your porch is so pretty and springtime ready. I love all the blue and white and the addition of the floral pillows is just perfect. Beautiful flowers blooming in pots and I would love to sit and take in your view and share your lemon cookies! Happy Easter, dear friend!
    Pam Richardson’s recent post…Farm To Table!My Profile

21. I can’t believe those yellow and black pansies. Just pops out at you! I love that little statue with the bird on her arm. That is really magnificent and goes so well with the relaxing porch feeling. I love those lemon moravian cookies. They just melt in your mouth. Love your blog today.

22. Beautiful and fresh! Come and do mine :-).

23. LOVE those pillows, the yellow and blue is gorgeous! we used to live in Marietta and I well remember all that pollen dust. We have a little in Missouri, but nothing compared to what you all have back in the south. Have a wonderful Easter Weekend.
    Debra@CommonGround’s recent post…Vintage Easter InspirationMy Profile

24. Everything is just beautiful! I like the mirror idea on cart.
    Have A Blessed Easter Weekend

25. Looks wonderful Shirley. I am ready to hop by for a sit down with you on your lovely balcony! sheila
    sheila’s recent post…Kitchen Table LoveMy Profile

26. Love the addition of your pretty spring blooms on your porch! I haven’t seen that color combo in a petunia before, so striking!
    Mary’s recent post…Alfresco Easter Table + Blooming Branch CenterpieceMy Profile

27. Shirley, you’ve been busy with all your travels and now catching up at home! Your porch looks so, so inviting. That’s my kind of relaxation right there…a drink, a snack, pretty things out to admire, and maybe a good read and a nap. Happy Easter to you.

28. Happy Easter Shirley. Oh how I love your outdoor space. It is so beautiful. Love those blue and white rugs too. They are stunning. Have a great weekend.
    Kris @ Junk Chic Cottage’s recent post…Cottage FoundMy Profile

29. So pretty Shirley and I love how that rug ties it all together!

30. I always enjoy looking at the changes you have made. I love the colors and how you tied it all together. It is so comfortable and welcoming.

31. Wow! Your porch is gorgeous. I could sit there for hours reading or chatting with a friend. Great job putting all those beautiful flowers and colors together.

32. So, so pretty, Shirley! I just love your blue and white on that porch. I can’t believe that planter was just $7–I need to go to Sanford!

I, too, purchase at least one blooming hydrangea each spring. Even though I don’t want to rush things along to summer, I do so look forward to my hydrangeas. 🙂

33. Cynthia Raines says:

Shirley,
    What a lovely porch. All of your white furniture and beautiful flowers make it so very pretty. I also noticed that pretty blue bottle with the bird etched on it. Would love one like it. Can you share where you purchased it?

34. The colors in this porch just pop so well together, so crisp and inviting space. you have done such a beautiful job decorating.
    Maria
    Maria Brittis’s recent post…BLUE HYDRANGEAS TABLESCAPE FOR SUNDAYS EASTER DINNERMy Profile

35. Such a pretty porch! I could get into sitting out there with those cookies you mentioned, but I especially love your blue and yellow color scheme! Great choice of plants too!

36. What a beautiful porch! So many pretty accents/details… I love the floor covering. 🙂

37. Regality (aka The Quing) says:

Purty. Purty. Purty.

38. The beautiful pillows and pretty spring blooms make this a perfect spot to relax in.

39. What a gorgeous place to relax and recharge! I’m sure you have answered before, but I am new to your blog — where did you find the wonderful blue and white rugs? Love them!

40. Your porch is an inspiration. I still have to hose the pollen off ours.
    I, too, would like to know about the beautiful rugs.
    Thanks, Sheila

41. Love your Spring porch décor. The blooms add such charm to the place, it’s so warm, cozy and inviting. I’m sure you will enjoy great weather in this lovely place.

FABBY