Can you have too much blue and white?

The other day I was strolling through my favorite consignment store, Always Home,

with some friends and I spotted something.

It caught my eye right away and I scurried over to it

as it sat so beautifully on a table.

I then thought to myself . . . Can you have too much blue and white?

As I looked the item over, I thought, now really Shirley . . .  do you really need this?

I walked around a little more, and realized, there is no such thing

as too much blue and white!

Blue and White Lamp-Ironstone-Housepitality Designs

The  thought entered my mind again.

Do I really need to bring something home,

since I have been purging and de-cluttering these days?

Blue and White Lamp-Ironstone-Housepitality Designs

I was told the story behind the lamp and I think at that moment

I decided it was coming home with me.

Blue and White Lamp-Housepitality Designs

It’s not a story of it belonging to royalty or another amazing story.

Just a simple one.

Ironstone-Blue and White Lamp-Housepitality Designs

As I was inspecting the lamp and looking for a possible hallmark or brand name.

I was told that I would not find a hallmark/manufacturers name.

Blue and White Lamp-Ironstone-Housepitality Designs

The person who owned the lamp traveled to China many years ago.

She bought a vase during her travels.

Blue and White Lamp-Ironstone-Housepitality Designs

When she brought it home, she eventually had it made into a lamp.

Dining Room-Blue and White Lamp-Ironstone-Housepitality Designs

I did what I usually do when I get something new.

I walked around the house with it

and I decided to re-do the vignette in the dining room. Oh the shuffling that went on . . . .

Dining Room-Blue and White Lamp-Ironstone-Housepitality Designs

I am happy that I decided to get that lamp . . . that used to be a vase.

Blue and White Lamp-Ironstone-Housepitality Designs

It ended a great day on a very lovely note!

I hope your day will be filled with lovely notes of singing your own special song!

Comments

1. Nice lamp and I have looked at things that can be made into a lamp. I say you can’t have too much blue and white or too many lamps. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Kim’s recent post…Wow Us Wednesdays #345My Profile

2. ha…i thought you were getting ready to pack it all up and move ! ๐Ÿ™‚ you can never have too much blue and white.
    laura janning’s recent post…The Most amazing Sunflower field you will ever seeMy Profile

3. You’re a brave woman bringing something new in as you’re trying to purge! Beautiful piece. ๐Ÿ™‚
    xo heidi

4. Very pretty lamp, and even more special because it was made from a vase!

5. You can never have too much blue and white!! Love the lamp. You will always find a place for it.

6. Cheryl in kansas says:

Never ever can you have too much blue and white. The real problem is having room for it all….hahaha.

7. I don’t think you can have too much blue and white or too many lamps! Nice find.
    bonnie morgan’s recent post…Summertime Garden EntertainingMy Profile

8. Such an attractive tablescape; soothing, peaceful . . .๐Ÿ˜Œ

9. Kathryn says:

If you are speaking of Always Home in Durham, it’s one of my faves…and I LOVE the lamp and NO, you can not have too much blue and white! Good purchase!!

That lamp spoke to you…simple as that. Too much blue and white? I don’t really think so! Just for the record….I would’ve bought that lamp too! ๐Ÿ˜‰

11. I love that lamp. The wood on it sets it off wonderfully. I would have bought it too.
    Penny at Enjoying The Simple Things’s recent post…Letโ€™s Talk Laundry Rooms!My Profile

12. ARLENE JOHNSON says:

I love blue and white. I have a lot of it in my home. My 6-year-old granddaughter even commented the other day, “Grandma, why do you have so much blue in your house”? LOL.

13. I ask myself that all the time but always say, NO, you can’t have too much:) Love the lamp and the story. I, too, have thought about having some of my pieces made into lamps. Maybe one day. Have a great day!!!
    Pinky’s recent post…Floral Summer Table for our Dinner GroupMy Profile

14. I love that you are shopping while you’re purging! Love the pretty lamp, and you will NEED fresh new things when you move ๐Ÿ™‚
    Jenna’s recent post…Creations, Sand Dollar Beachy BottleMy Profile

15. I agree- you can never have too much blue and white! Love the vase/lamp! Someone did a nice job on the base for it too!
    Liz-Home and Gardening With Liz’s recent post…Gardener’s Gather for a Summer LuncheonMy Profile

16. Oh, how I love this post. You are correct – never too much blue and white. Your new treasure is so pretty and I am especially fond of the base, it sits so pretty. I am sure it adds a lovely touch to the room in the evening as it glows.
    Sandra at Maison De Jardin’s recent post…Open Your Eyes !My Profile

17. What a beautiful piece, with a beautiful story behind it.

18. BEAUTIFUL! And so glad that you got it! I think you would have really regretted it later if you left it behind. NO you can never have enough Blue and White. My collection keeps growing and I no longer try to reason why not to get it. I use wisdom of course but if it is something that I really like and can afford, I snap it up, because I don’t want it to be gone in case I change my mind later. You can usually return an item, but if it is gone…its gone. Enjoy! Love it!

19. You had me at the word blue and white. You know my heart, you can never have enough of it, the feeling it evokes always crisp and clean. I’m so glad you chose to get the lamp and to have the story behind it makes it all the more special. (Found some blue and white lamps at Home Goods for the living area as well as the bedroom, patience paid off. ) ๐Ÿ™‚ Fondly ~ Lynne ~

20. Love the symmetry for the vase/lamp’s new home…lovely.
    Jeanne’s recent post…A No-Vampires DinnerMy Profile

21. Rattlebridge farm says:

Love your new lamp–and a girl can never gave too much blue and white. I brought home two about 5 minutes ago! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

22. Nancy cox says:

I love love love that vignette.

23. Two thumbs up! Love it all: blue and white, vase into lamp, wooden base, location! EVERYTHING!!!!! Rosie
    rosie M’s recent post…Easter Greetings, 2017My Profile

24. Beautiful lamp! My MIL had that down with a pair of vases years ago when she couldn’t find lamps she liked for a room.
    Mary’s recent post…The Hum of Bees is the Voice of the GardenMy Profile

25. Hi Shirley,
    I would have bought that lamp, too! And I agree with you that one can never have too much blue and white!
    I just joined up to your blog and sure am looking forward to reading past and future posts.

Thanks for all you share!

26. no such thing as too much blue and white. ๐Ÿ™‚
    but then you probably knew that I would say that. ha ha.
    sheila

27. I’d say you can never have enough blue and white. It’s like the most elegant combination I can think of – and I have a beautiful set of plates that are exactly blue and white and I love it!