Wish Upon A Star and Your Dreams Will Come True

Have you ever wished upon a star?

Is gazing up to the beautiful night sky and wishing upon a star the same as

gazing up to the heavens and saying a prayer. I think so.

As long as I can remember, I always loved decorating.

I would sit quietly on a sofa of my parent’s friends home, being a well behaved girl

along with my siblings and gaze at the room,

thinking how the room would look so much better with things in different places.

I never had the opportunity in my early years for formal education/training in Interior Design . . .

just wasn’t in the cards . . . my destiny at that time. . .

but I held the love for decorating close to my heart.

As the years went by, it was time to pursue that dream.

My wish upon a star . . . . . and one of those wishes came true!

French Country Style Magazine 2015-Housepitality Designs

My home is in a magazine! . . . French Country Style and what a great magazine it is!

My friend Kim emailed AND texted me with the great news that the magazine hit the stands.

I will be out today to get my copy.

Well, maybe not one copy . . . but a boxful of them!

French Country Style 2015-Housepitality Designs

My home is featured starting on Page 70, “Antique Allure”

I also am so over the moon excited that my friends of many, many years are also in the

magazine . . . and they made the cover!

Little did we know, that we, two moms sitting on the bleachers, cheering on our sons

as they played soccer together, would one day grace the pages of a magazine . . . together!!

I am also happy that Penny, from The Comforts of Home is also in this issue.

I can honestly say that I am in the greatest of company!

I also want to take this moment to thank the fabulous Fifi O’Neill, the editor of this and

many magnificent magazines . . . I am sure many of you know of her work and publications.

Fifi O'Neill-Housepitality Designs

Fifi O’Neill with her beloved Minou.

I had the honor of having a great team come to my home to style and photograph it . . .

Photo Shoot-2014-Housepitality Designs

It was such an amazing experience to see the divine Sunday Hendrickson work her magic, styling the

house so that Richard Leo Johnson along with his assistant Russ Powell can take incredible photos.

And thanks to Russ for giving my granddaughter the opportunity of pushing the button to take

the last photograph of the day, so she could say: “IT’S A WRAP!!!!”

Photo Shoot 2014-Housepitality Designs

So, from the voice of Jiminy Cricket I must say,

“when you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are,

anything your heart desires will come your way”

Comments

1. Congratulations Shirley!!!

2. Congrats on the feature and how cool that you and your friend ended up in the same one!!

3. What exciting news! Congratulations, Shirley! You and your beautiful home deserve this wonderful recognition. ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Shirley, I look forward to seeing your feature – congrats!

5. Congratulations Shirley!! How exciting! I can’t wait to find a copy!

6. Debra@shoppeno5 says

I am so happy for you. This is a fabulous magazine. I have been looking for the new edition so I am glad to know it is finally out. Congrats you have a beautiful home.

7. Exciting news! Jiminy Cricket said it best! ๐Ÿ˜‰

8. Congratulations! They couldn’t have picked a more beautiful home of blogger to feature! This is a fabulous magazine! I’m off to get my copy! I’m so excited for you!

9. You are so right, Shirley. Years ago as we watched our boys play soccer, baseball and football together, coached by your wonderful husband, did we ever imagine that we would be in a magazine together. We have shared so many things over the years…so thrilled to be sharing this with you! Thank you and thanks to the wonderful team that made this possible!

10. Linda miller says

Congrats again. So happy that your dream has come to fruition. While running errands yesterday, I stopped in Barnes and Nobkle but sadly, they did not have the magazine on the shelves. There were boxes on the floor to be unpacked that I was tempted to dig into, but I forced myself to abstain. I’m hoping that today my BFF will mail me an autographed copy!

11. O M G ! ! ! Congratulations! You so deserve this feature!

Have a happy weekend xoxox

12. Congratulations Shirley! What a sweet gesture to your granddaughter. That proves how nice these people are. Will have to look for the magazine today while out, can’t wait to read it.

13. I am so very happy for you and can’t wait to get my copy today!!! The fact that you and your friend are in the same issue is amazing! I can remember doing the same thing as a child. I guess it is in our blood. I wish we had both had the opportunity for formal training. Congrats again my friend. It is SO well desreved. I love, LOVE your home and style. Have a fabulous weekend. XO, Pinky

14. Congratulations!!! Shirley you are a star. I ill have to hit the stores and look for a copy:)

15. Congratulations, your home is beautiful and you are a beautiful woman. You are very deserving to have your home grace a magazine, you have a great talent decorating and blogging for all of us to see the “real” you. You give us all hope to reach our dreams!!!

Enjoy, this honor – so deserving.

16. Wow, Shirley, that is amazing!! So thrilled for you and well deserved!! Happy weekend ~

17. Shirley, your home is so beautiful and you are so talented, you deserve to be in this wonderful magazine! Thanks for the mention and congrats to your fried as well!

18. Shirley I am so excited and proud of you! Congratulations!!
    PS When I was a little girl I used to lay on the ground and look up at the sky, the clouds, the stars !( My mother would have to call out to me to come inside)

xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    Artist Brad Oliphant

19. Wonderful news. So happy your talent is recognized. A lovely article and great to see you and your grand.

20. How incredibly awesome Shirley!! And well deserved! I have a new respect for Jiminey Cricket now ๐Ÿ™‚ How wonderful and special that your granddaughter was there to be a part of it all~Congrats!
    Jenna

21. Congratulations! You are so talented, I think you should be in a lot of magazines ๐Ÿ™‚ Love your home and your style!
    Debbie

22. Hi Shirley, Congrats on the feature in one of my favorite magazines. So excited for you and Penny too. Can’t wait to receive my copy. How wonderful your grand was there to see the process.
    Enjoy and so well deserved.
    Hugs, CM

23. Congratulations! Can’t wait to pick up my copy. fondly ~lynne~

24. Congratulations!!! I can’t wait to pick up my issue….I will be sure to look for it this weekend!!!
    ~Des

25. Help! I’ve searched online everywhere and can’t seem to find out how to get a copy of this magazine (which I had never heard of but now am desperate to have). I live in midcoast Maine, so my retail options are pretty limited. Could someone please give me some suggestions? Oh, and congrats, Shirley!! I’m a newcomer to your blog and I LOVE it! Thanks!!

Nancy

26. I am thrilled for you! How exciting…and a peek at your cute granddaughter too. I know she is learning how to make her future home pretty by watching you! Yeah for you! Would you be surprised to know that I would rearrange rooms in my mind when I was a kid too. We must be decorating sisters! Have a wonderful day Shirley! Sheila

27. Congratulations Shirley! We all knew that you home was Magazine worthy!

28. Congratulations Shirley!!!! Everyone will love your gorgeous Magazine Worthy home!!!! I am so thrilled for you. Now I need to run out and get my copy!!! xo

29. Jeanette Price says

I am so happy for you!! If anyones home deserves to be in a magazine its yours most definitely! I must get a copy of this magazine. Such wonderful news Shirley!

30. Congratulations and I’m so proud for you!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ๐Ÿ˜‰

31. How wonderful! Your home is beautiful and I can’t wait to see the magazine.

32. Congratulations on your wonderful feature!

33. How exciting…CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    Blessings,

34. I’m so excited for you, Shirley! What a dream come true–both for you and for all the people who will be inspired by you. You DESERVE it!

Have a wonderful weekend!

35. rattlebridge farm says

Oh, I’m so happy for you, Shirley. Looking forward to the articles. I’m buying several copies!

36. linda ramsey says

CONGRATULATIONS, I’m so excited for you. Who knew the girl in my high school and later a co worker,(yeah Carol City Sr High), would be featured in a magazine to share her beautiful home. Can’t wait to run out to get my copy!

• Betsy wharton Crittenden says

Linda, from another CC girl, I’m telling you if you saw Shirley’s home you would agree she should, and will, be in every home decor magazine. It is utterly spectacular!

37. How exciting that the day is finally here when the magazine is out, Shirley! I saw Penny’s post on it and have plans to pick up this magazine as soon as I can. Congratulations, again!

38. I’m so thrilled about for you. I actually said OMG I am so happy for her out loud. Now remember I’m home by myself. I can’t wait to see and read the issue. Congrats a million times over. Have a super weekend!

39. HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A dream come true for sure. You should have had your home in a magazine months ago! So HAPPY for you Shirley!!!!!! Big Hugs, Jo

40. Couldn’t happen to a nicer, more deserving decorater. So happy for you!

41. Soooooo excited for you Shirley. I cannot wait to get my copy. I looked at Barnes and Noble and they did not have it. I am going to check out a couple other places tomorrow. I cannot wait to see your beautiful home featured. Sooooo deserving.

42. How exciting and a very gratifying moment for you! Congratulations!!!

43. Linda Kemp says

I love it when good things happen to good people!

44. Congratulations, dear Shirley!! I’m so excited for you to have your home featured in this magazine. Your home is lovely because of your unique and creative touches everywhere we look. Did you buy out the news stand? ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a wonderful weekend on Cloud Nine!!

Hugs,

Denise

45. So very happy for you Shirley! Congratulations! ๐Ÿ™‚

46. I’m so excited and happy for you, Shirley! A well deserved honor for sure!

47. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Your home deserved to be in a magazine or magazines. Beautiful decorated by Shirley. As I have said before you know how to decorate. I am going today and get the magazine. Dreams do come true especially to sweet people…….

48. Congratulations. I am so happy for you and I am going out right now and get that magazine. I can hardly wait to see read it. How wonderful for your little Sweetie to to say it’s a wrap. She will remember that for the right of her life. So are so deserving for all the wonderful post and decorating that you do.
    Again Shirley, congratulations!
    Mary

49. Congrats, Shirley. That’s wonderful!

50. Much congratulations Shirley, how exciting!

51. So exciting Shirley! I’ll be on a mission to find your issue tomorrow. โ™ฅ

52. I am beyond thrilled for you, Shirley!!! Your home is so beautiful, welcoming, and gorgeous that you deserve to be in this lovely magazine. I hope you’ll bring a copy with you on Monday so I can see…I may not get to the store until Tuesday.
    Mary Alice

53. Shirley, I am so excited for you!! You are more than deserving of this honor! Hubby and I are about to run some errands right now; and I am going to look for a copy today! What a treat to share the issue with your long-time friend! Dreams certainly do come true! Your home is so beautiful that I expect to see it in many more magazines! Congrats!

54. Congratulations, Shirley… How wonderful… Keep wishing… You do a great job…

55. Oh my goodness, congratulations!!! What a lucky girl you are!!! I am so excited for you!!! I will be looking for the magazine tomorrow, I cannot wait to read all about it!! Big hugs!!

56. Very well-deserved, Shirley. Congratulations!! XOXO Christy

57. Congratulations Shirley! I picked up my copy the other day and was just so excited to see all of those beautiful photos of your gorgeous home!!! Next time I see you you have to sign it : )

58. Congratulations!! That is so exciting!! I think you are either born with the talent to design or not. I’m sure going to college can expand you knowledge of design and other aspects, but true designers are just born with it. You have the natural talent, and give all of us hope! I have just decided to start a blog this year without knowing anything about coding or even much about blogs, just to try to get my vision out there. Hopefully I can learn a thing or two from you:-)