Summer Kitchen Vignettes

As I was adding hydrangeas to the kitchen the other day,

I decided it was time to change out some things on one of my kitchen counters.

for a lighter feel for summer.

I felt that the dark background of the tole tray needed to be replaced.

Summer Kitchen:Breadboard - Housepitality Designs

This is what it looked like before:

Kitchen/tole tray vignette - Housepitality Designs

It was a heavier look as you can see.

However, I just could not leave the vignette of the breadboard

and the vintage ironstone pitchers alone!

Ironstone Pitchers/Hydrangeas - Housepitality Designs

I had to add some more hydrangeas to the kitchen

by placing them in the ironstone pitchers.

I had cut approximately 20 blooms from my hydrangea bush that morning.

Ironstone Pitchers/Hydrangeas - Housepitality Designs

Hydrangeas were also placed in containers on each side of the counter.

In an ironstone bowl on the vintage scale . . .

Ironstone Scale - Housepitality Designs

To the vintage French food mold that sits beside the vintage breadbox.

Vintage Breadbox - Housepitality Designs

I had already added hydrangeas to the kitchen island area.

Vintage Scale/Ironstone - Housepitality Designs

No container was immune to getting a hydrangea bloom plopped into it!

Kitchen Scale/Hydrangeas - Housepitality Designs

Vintage Scale/Hydrangeas - Housepitality Designs

Or a stack of ironstone dishes either!

Ironstone/vintage scale - Housepitality Designs

So where did the items in the previous vignette of the kitchen go?

In the bookcase of the great room.

In the place where the ironstone foot bath was.

Great room bookcase - Housepitality Designs

So this makes the second and third change of the recent domino effect.

Number four will be revealed soon!

Are you in that lazy days of summer mode? I seem to be, but then again,

my activities and travel never seem to stop no matter what season it is!

Have a great day!

I am joining:

Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday

Comments

1. It’s the multiplying hydrangeas!! Yours are the prettiest colors!
    Kim’s recent post…Nightly Routine and Products for my FaceMy Profile

2. Shirley, we can never have too many hydrangeas! Love the changes you have made for summer!
    Pam Richardson’s recent post…The Days Of SummerMy Profile

3. And YOU get a hyndrangea, and YOU get a hydrangea! I say, why not? 😉
    xo Heidi
    Heidi @ Decor & More’s recent post…Five on Friday: Palm Print FunMy Profile

4. Missi baker says

Very pretty…wish my hydrangeas would thrive! We just moved in our house and inherited cherry cabinets like yours (I prefer creamy white) but with Formica. I love your granite. Do you know the name? 🙂

5. Sherry Myers says

Those dominoes are like that, yeah, they are! As long as we get to share in the effects, you go girl! Gorgeous, gorgeous hydrangeas. Love the lighter vignette for summer. What time did you say lunch is? I’ll take mine seated closest to the dominoes. I want to be the first to see what Shirley’s gonna do next! Have a great day!

6. Donnamae says

Lovely! My hydrangeas have yet to flower…but they do have buds. So I must live vicariously through you…keep those
    pics a coming! Enjoy your weekend! 😉

7. Cindy Dennard says

Love your home and the colors you have chosen . Do you know the gold color you have uses in the kitchen?

8. Gorgeous stuff! I love that scale and those cutting boards!
    Anne’s recent post…Creating My Dream Dining RoomMy Profile

9. I am having hydrangea envy! It all looks beautiful.
    Penny at The Comforts of Home’s recent post…Why We are Moving AGAINMy Profile

10. The hydrangeas really make it pop Shirley. Love it!
    Pamela-From my front porch to yours’s recent post…The Blue Farmhouse- House Hunting Part 5My Profile

11. Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors says

Shirley, I love your Summer kitchen. It looks beautiful! I also love the all the white ironstone in the bookcase. So pretty!!!

12. What could be better than white ironstone filled with your most gorgeous hydrangeas?! Have I mentioned that I have hydrangea envy…yours are absolutely spectacular!
    Mary Alice
    Mary Alice Patterson’s recent post…Summertime EntertainingMy Profile

13. Wow 20 blooms they’re fabulous. Do you put them in water or just let them air dry?
    Dawn’s recent post…How to Keep Hamburgers From Shrinking on the GrillMy Profile

14. Shirley, your hydrangeas are beautiful! You always have such pretty vignettes. The white ironstone just pops!

15. Donna B.G. says

So beautiful, Shirley! My hydrangeas have not yet bloomed–waiting patiently. Hope you are feeling a whole lot better.

16. It’s all just so pretty Shirley! The more hydrangeas the better!

17. Looks great! Nice job!

18. The more hydrangeas the better in my opinion! Happy Summer Shirley!

19. Very pretty Shirley. Our Hydrangea haven’t bloomed yet. Very pretty and you have a wonderful collection

20. So pretty Shirley! Your hydrangea blooms are beautiful this year and I love them tucked in the ironstone and on your scale 🙂
    Mary’s recent post…Farm to Table Whimsy: Plaid and Barnyard AnimalsMy Profile

21. Shirley is it better for the hydrangea to cut the blooms? Mine are not even fully grown yet. I did not get blooms last year so I am waiting on pins and needles this year. Any help you can give me would be appreciated. Thank you.

22. Your summer kitchen looks so pretty…..love all the beautiful hydrangea blooms you added!
    Have a great weekend!
    ~Des

23. Hydrangeas are one of my favorite flowers. Yours are beautiful. I love the changes you made to lighten up for summer.
    Debra@shoppeno5’s recent post…A Novelty Lamp For The Man In Your LifeMy Profile

24. What gorgeous use of hydrangeas. They look entirely perfect in the white bowls, molds, vases and on the scale! I can’t wait for change #4! Sending big hugs from StoneGable. Can’t wait to see you in August! xo

25. Hi Shirley, I love your vignettes with the wonderful colorful hydrangeas. xx Jo

26. bobbi duncan says

Shirley, your vignettes are always so well thought out and lovely. I love that pineapple, too!

27. What a pretty touch of color the hydrangeas add… Have a lovely day…
    lorb’s recent post…26 Weeks Letter Challenge: “N”My Profile

28. Laura Dowden says

Oh my! That vignette with the ironstone, hydrangeas and bread board is beautiful!!!

29. Love all the beautiful hudrangeas plopped into all your beautiful ironstone and other containers!!! Just gorgeous. I have to check tomorrow if we have any blooms!
    Pinky at designs by pinky’s recent post…For the Love of Flowers!My Profile

30. So pretty Shirley! You can never have too many hydrangeas or ironstone!
    Mary’s recent post…Retail Therapy: Fresh Picked VintageMy Profile

31. So cute! I love the pineapple piece. It definitely adds character! Beautiful kitchen! Thanks for sharing a piece of your home with us!

32. Beautiful as always my friend! Hugs