Spring Pink in the Great Room

I bought a bouquet of flowers the other day along with a small Azalea plant

to place in the Great Room. Well that led to me thinking that it is time for a change.

So off to the linen closet I went, to see what pillow covers I can use for the room.

Since pink was the predominant color in the flowers, I gathered pillow covers

in various shades of pink and raspberry. Just what the room needed for a Spring Refresh.

SPRING PINK IN THE GREAT ROOM

Spring Vignette-Housepitality Designs-5

I have had these Chinoiserie pillow covers for a few years now

and love bringing them out to use in various rooms of the house.

They seemed to be just what this room needed to welcome Spring.

Spring Vignette-Housepitality Designs-6

Since I have been away for a while, it was time to visit my favorite consignment shop

Always Home, in Durham, N.C. Sitting on the counter was this transferware vase

just waiting for me to come in and bring it home!

Spring Vignette-Housepitality Designs-3

It seemed fitting that I keep the pagoda lantern on the table

to coordinate with the Chinoiserie pillows and vase.

Spring Vignette-Housepitality Designs-2

It cannot be a Spring vignette without a bunny!

Spring Vignette-Housepitality Designs

Spring Vignette-Housepitality Designs-4

My azaleas are not blooming yet, so the next best thing was to buy one!

Azaleas-Housepitality Designs

The small Azalea plant was placed in my antique transferware chamber pot.

You can see that I love bringing the outside in

by having these concrete garden finials that are a staple on my hearth.

Azaleas-Housepitality Designs-2

These are the pillows I chose to place on the sofa.

The floral design is one that I have had for years!

The Rose Pink pillow is a somewhat recent find in the clearance bin at Pottery Barn.

Pillows-Housepitality Designs

My French Napoleon Bee linen pillow from French Garden House,

remains on the sofa.

Great Room-Housepitality Designs-4

Great Room-Housepitality Designs-3

In less than an hour, the Great Room was refreshed with Spring Pinks!

The good thing is that I used what I had on hand

with the exception of the blue and white transferware vase.

A great deal at $22.00 and it has a hallmark on the bottom that I need to research.

Great Room-Housepitality Designs-2

Still trying to desperately catch up from being away,

but keeping my priorities in place and spending some time with my Sweetie.

Great Room-Housepitality Designs

I wish you all a Very Happy and most Glorious Easter!

Comments

1. You do find the best deals at that shop. That would have been much more expensive at the consignment shop here I use to shop at. She was quite pricey. Love the addition of the pinks and that cute teeny tiny bunny.
    Kim’s recent post…French Country Fridays #8My Profile

2. Alice Genzlinger says:

I love the color in your home! The walls, the sofa, the pillows, the flowers. White has been the thing for so long that I’ve become bored with it. Don’t change a thing your home is beautiful!

• Alice, I agree with you about all whites becoming boring! Thanks for that comment, it has helped seal my decision about a new paint color for my downstairs!!!!

My consignment store doesn’t have things ‘waiting’ for me on the counter! You have the best luck…and very good taste. Everything looks lovely. Happy Easter…enjoy your family time! 😉

4. I have always loved those pillows! I really love the pinks in here! That vase was a steal! I love that little blue bunny too! Hope you are enjoying your sweetie. I saw mine last night at gymnastics:) Can’t wait til Sunday to see her again. Have a beautiful Easter with your family. XO
    Pinky’s recent post…Easter Breakfast BarMy Profile

5. Gorgeous pinks and beautiful spring vignette Shirley! The transferware vase was a match made in heaven with your Chinoserie pillow and pagoda lantern! You find the best stuff at your favorite consignment shop. Happy Easter. ♥
    Mary’s recent post…Last Minute Easter Menu Additions: Sides, Salads & DessertsMy Profile

6. PS, let me know what you find out about the vase. I also meant to say how much I have always loved those finials on your hearth too!
    Pinky’s recent post…Easter Breakfast BarMy Profile

7. Hi Shirley, beautiful pinks in your great room! You do such a fine job of finding the right pieces, and creating the right vignettes, adding just the right amount of seasonal color and flair to your home! It’s certainly the mark of a great designer. I hope you’ll share this and all your seasonal posts at the Spring & Easter Joys link party I’m co-hosting this weekend. It’s open now through Monday, and will be a great place to find lots of inspiration all in one place.
    Happy Easter to you, my friend.
    Rita C at Panoply’s recent post…Bunny Love, Spring and Easter Joy Link PartyMy Profile

8. Another beautiful refresh with another fantastic find. I love the vase, but the real scene stealers are your pillows, and in pink! So beautiful, Shirley. Thank you for sharing your refresh with us, you’ve shown us that with just the addition of a few accents and flowers the whole room is renewed! Wishing you a beautiful Easter! xoxo Lidy

9. Looks awesome! Love it! Pink is my favorite color, so you know I love it! Great find in the gorgeous vase at a fantastic price. Nothing like a good deal! Great finds at Pottery Barn, too! Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend!

10. Sherry Myers says:

No matter what theme color you choose, it always blends together well with whatever you choose to put together! I love it! Beautiful new piece! Luck must be on your side every time you walk in that shop! You’re in the pink, Shirley! Happy Easter!

11. Your room is so pretty! I love all the spring decor and the print on those pillows is perfect!

Happy Easter friend!
    karianne

12. You know I am loving the addition of PINK to your room, it’s such a happy color. Always makes me smile. Have a wonderful Easter Shirley. 🐇💕🐇💕

13. Shirley, You have the decorating gift for sure. Your photos are very well done also. I love your chinoiserie pillows and candle. Your arrangements and styling is so striking.
    Have a blessed Easter!💐🐇💐
    Bonnie morgan’s recent post…Spring Is In The AirMy Profile

14. It’s amazing what a skilled and talented mind can put together in an hour! This is a fabulous transformation!!! That chinoiserie pillow reminds me of the Joe Nye book…can’t think of the name of it…but that man has a WAY with chinoiserie!!! Just a touch like you have applied here goes a long, long way in conveying a designer look that is beyond “pleasing to the eye.” I love it! Doesn’t hurt that pink is my favorite color, of course!

15. Beautiful Shirley! I love all of your pillows.

16. So fresh and springy Shirley! You definitely have a knack for finding just the right treasure. My fave is that little bowl of keys and a pink flower. Hope you have a lovely Easter. Hugs, Pat at Bringing French Country Home
    Patricia Shipley’s recent post…Decorating with Architectural SalvageMy Profile

17. Penny weldon says:

I so adore your use of pink and oriental accents!! Where did you purchase that gorgeous gold pagoda candle holder? It is beautiful.

18. This is a beautiful refresh for your room. Love the pinks. I hope you will let us know about the pagoda candle holder. Beautiful! I so love consignment stores.

19. Shirley, Though shopping our homes is fun and satisfying (I often rediscover things I have “forgotten” about) there is nothing like the thrill of a great find at a thrift store or consignment shop! Everything looks lovely. Have a most blessed Easter!!

20. Shirley, everything looks beautiful! It is always fun to shop your house and create a new look. I love those chinoiserie pillows! They look so pretty in your greatroom. I hope you have a Happy Easter!!!
    Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors’s recent post…A Spring Vignette for the KitchenMy Profile

21. Beautiful as always I had 2 chairs with the same fabric as your couch and loved them!!

22. Shirley, you make everything look so effortless, but with a great eye for design! I love the refresh in the family room, the pinks are so pretty…I love the chinoiserie pillows! Wishing you a most blessed Easter!
    Pam Richardson’s recent post…What Is Your Friday Plan ?My Profile

23. Shirley, those pillows from Pottery Barn were a great bargain! They are perfect for your Living Room. Love the little bunny, too! Happy Easter!

24. I love your touches of pink in the great room but I especially love the pagoda lantern! I know the history of that purchase and I am so happy that you bought it. Easter blessings to you and your family!

25. Bonnie Gutierrez says:

Your room looks lovely with the touches of pink/raspberry. The azalea, what a beautiful color! Have a blessed Easter!

26. Elaine Reese says:

This comment is a bit late, but I agree with you about the bunny and spring. I saw a photo in Southern Living a few years ago of a hare sitting on a fireplace hearth in a Charleston home. Immediately fell in love with it and searched for more years before I finally found a similar on on the internet. Ordered him and he now has a place of honor on my hearth. I love him so much I leave him there year round. Your blogs and post on FB are so lovely. Thank you for sharing!