I Just Couldn’t Wait to Tell You

Hello Dear Readers!

Recently, the wonderful Loi of Tone On Tone published a post

about his most gorgeous shop in Bethesda, Maryland, Tone On Tone.

A shop that he has owned for 15 years and he had made the difficult

decision to close his shop and concentrate more on his interior design business.

I was there not too long ago and as always fell in love with all of his

beautiful antiques . . . from the furniture, to the clocks, to the mirrors,

and the gorgeous accessories. Now, he has placed his beautiful items on sale.

There was one item in particular that I fell in love with.

I will show you some photos that I took (with my iPhone) when I was there last

and maybe you can guess which piece is coming home with me.

A Birthday gift from my hubby to cover the next 10 years … or more!

Let’s start with this amazing French circa 1750 marriage/wedding armoire.

French Antique Armoire-Housepitality Designs

The carvings on this armoire are magnificent.

French Antique Armoire-Housepitality Designs

Loi always had magnificent Mora clocks in his shop.

Mora Clock-Housepitality Designs

And you know Loi is famous for his spectacular topiaries.

They have been beautifully featured in many magazines, such as Martha Stewart Living.

Topiaries-Housepitality Designs

Pretties in every inch of the shop.

French Dresser-Housepitality Designs

Loi has the most amazing collection of ironstone in the most immaculate condition.

I love the way he styles his shelves….truly a work of art!

Ironstone-Housepitality Designs

Can you guess which piece is my birthday gift for the next 10 years?

Yes . . . it’s that magnificent Circa 1750 French armoire.

Antique French Armoire-Housepitality Designs

Antique French Armoire-Housepitality Designs

After I read Loi’s post, I called him and asked if that gorgeous armoire

was still in his shop …. it was! . . . and the rest is history.

I cannot wait to go and pick up that beauty!

I wish you all a most beautiful day and stay tuned

this coming Friday for Floral Friday …  and the announcement of the winner of

Nora Murphy’s Country Home Style book.

Comments

1. Woohoo! Friends and treasures all in one. You’ll love having that gorgeous armoire in your new home. 🙂

2. You are so very lucky to purchase that gorgeous armoire to put in your new home. It will be stunning even if it is for your birthday for the next ten years!

3. That armoire is gorgeous!! What a wonderful husband! I can’t wait to see where you put it in your new home!

4. Sorry to hear Loi is closing shop but how exciting for you to be the steward of the armoire – gorgeous!

5. pat Stansel says:

That is a fabulous piece—can’t wait to see how you use it in your home !

6. Oh my goodness, what a beauty! I cannot wait to see it in your new home. Lucky you to get such a beautiful piece for your birthday.

7. Shirley, your hubby is the “bomb”!!!
    That is a stunning armoire. The detail is so amazing and intricate. I just love the doves.

What an heirloom piece. It’s definitely a statement piece of furniture to build an entire room around.
    Lucky you and congrats. I’ll be watching to see how you use it.

8. I picked that the moment I saw the picture. Such a stunning piece. Taking that beauty home for 10 birthdays, I would say deal.

Can’t wait to see the charm, elegance and beauty it adds

9. Penny at Enjoying The Simple Things says:

Wow! It is stunning. It will look wonderful in your new home I am sure!

10. Shirley, I knew from the first picture you showed that you chose the armoire. It is stunning and will look just beautiful in your new house! Enjoy your day!!!

11. I can’t wait to see your beautiful gift in your forever home, friend. Very rarely is there an armoire on the market of this caliber. It is truly spectacular, that carving!!! Yay for you, you lucky girl. It is going to be the most gorgeous focal point in your new home, that I am certain of. xo

12. OMGoodness, it is stunning and will be gorgeous in your new home. What a guy!!!! I picked it right away. It is fabulous. Have a great week.

13. Nan, Odessa, DE says:

Good for you!!!!! Enjoy.

Since the pineapple is your trade mark, do you know where I could find one, original size of a true pineapple for display? I don’t want the cement or brass ones you see everywhere. Give me some hints, please!!!!!

14. Just beautiful Shirley! I spied a few other items that would look great in my home. Wish I lived closer.

15. Sweet hubby! You will enjoy this piece for more than 10 years! Lovely! I have been able to find three carved beautifully and love them every time I walk by them….the intricate carvings speak pretty. It will look great with your bed from Eloquence or anywhere!

16. So happy you are getting something this beautiful for your new home. It is really fabulous.

17. What a beautiful piece! I know you will enjoy it for years to come~

18. I have never been a huge lover of an armoire. Until I saw this one. The soft color and all the incredible details are amazing. It’s simply beautiful. I can’t wait to see it in your new home. Happy Birthday x 10!!!

19. What a beauty Shirley, no wonder you couldn’t wait to share or contain your excitement! I know you’re probably designing all the room details around it in your head for your new home. ♥

20. Alice Genzlinger says:

You are one blessed your lady. The armoire is beautiful.l Looking forward to seeing where you place it in your new home.

21. This is gorgeous Shirley and will look spectacular in your new home! Please give Loi a hug for me…he is just the nicest and I have enjoyed becoming Instagram friends with him.

22. Susan Smith says:

Oh, my! That’s a beautiful gift! I look forward to seeing it in your new home.

23. Oh my, that armoire the whole shop is to die for. Such exquisite details and such a lovely color you will never want to change. Congrats….and hug your hubby…extra hard.

24. JoAnn Mooney says:

Happy Birthday x 10 or more! What a beautiful piece to place in your new home! The soft teal finish is exquisite!

25. Hi Shirley!
    I have an old armoire in my home and recently had a wonderful painter/artist come to my house and paint it a beautiful shade of light blue and the trim of it in slightly off white. It is so beautiful in the bedroom of my two-story Dutch Colonial home. It is amazing what a little paint can do to enhance a charming old piece of furniture.

26. Shirley, what a stunning armoire! I know you already have plans for where it will be placed. It is an amazing focal point for any room. Happy for you, and what a sweet hubby!

27. Bobbi Duncan says:

Shirley, your sweetest of sweetest birthday gifts is over the top gorgeous!!! I am a lover of great carvings and this armoire has to be one of the absolute best French pieces I’ve seen–an amazing focal point in any room! Can’t wait to see it in your new home. Hugs!

28. Trina Evans says:

As always, you have such a good eye for pieces that will work beautifully in your home. So glad you got this piece. It’s just gorgeous. Can’t wait till see how you use it in your new home.

29. That piece is magnificent Shirley! I can not wait to see it in your new home.

30. Cassandra E says:

Absolutely lovely. I can’t wait to see the insides too! Is that possible? It just seems like the attention to detail is beyond. You must be the best wife ever.

31. That armoire is absolutely stunning! I’m green with envy! Speaking of green, is it a pale shade of green or blue? Hard to tell, but either way it’s beyind beautiful. I had been searching for something like that for many months but came up short and settled fir something that while quite nice, wasn’t exactly what I wanted. You’re so lucky to have such a gorgeous, unique piece for your new home.

(Please don’t take the time to visit. No new post up but maybe in a couple of weeks).

Happy holidays,