Winter White Flower Arrangement with Good Luck Flowers

Hello Dear Readers!!!

What a way to start the fabulous New Year than with a

Winter White Flower Arrangement

with Good Luck Flowers!

Also, what a way to start off  the great year and decade

than with Monday Morning Blooms!

I am joining my flower loving friends,

Lidy, Mary and Pam today with our common theme

of Winter White. Their  links and beautiful images

to their posts are at the end of my post.

I  wanted to incorporate some flowers

that symbolized Good Luck.

I found that the good luck flowers are:

Orchids, Peonies, Lotus Blossoms,

Chrysanthemums, and Plum Blossoms.

I could only find two of these flowers.

An orchid and two varieties of chrysanthemums.

In order to include a potted orchid

in my arrangement, I did this:

I lined the ironstone tureen

with Press and Seal plastic wrap

and placed the orchid in the center

and then filled the rest of the tureen

with wet floral foam.

The flowers that I used

for the Winter White arrangement

are: a potted orchid, chrysanthemums,

spider mums, calla lillies, white stock, hydrangeas

and seeded eucalyptus for filler.

Do you spy something among the flowers?

Yes, it’s an Origami Crane

that my mother made for me.

One is perched on the tray

and another on the orchid.

My 94 years young mother made many cranes

and sent them to me to place

on my little Christmas tree this year.

I placed another crane

by the  mint julep cup

filled with white stock.

Did you know that the Japanese Origami crane

is considered the “bird of happiness?”

It is believed to carry souls up to paradise.

It has later become of symbol of hope

and healing during challenging times.

So these cranes were so appropriate

for me and my tree

and the New Year!

I specifically wanted to place this arrangement

on the coffee table so that I can enjoy it

from my favorite chair.

To see the crane perched on top of  the orchid

makes my heart happy!

Now it’s time to visit my fabulous

flower loving friends for some amazing

Winter White floral inspiration!

The links to their posts

are below their beautiful images.

Also, there is a personal note from me

at the very end of this post.

ENJOY!!!

Pam of Everyday Living

Lidy of FrenchGardenHouse

Mary of Home Is Where The Boat Is

And Me ~ Housepitality Designs

On a personal note:

I had a short window of time and took advantage

of visiting my mom in Florida for a short visit.

It was great seeing my Florida family.

This was about a week after my surgery.

The surgeon told my hubby after the surgery

that she was encouraged after she performed

the surgery; however, we have to wait on the

path reports. (It was actually a great

Christmas present).

My surgery was performed

6 days before Christmas and I saw my surgeon

on December 30th for a follow up visit and to

discuss the results of the path reports.

Both reports negative!! AND not a single node

was involved. I am blessed!

I praise God and all of my amazing prayer warriors!!!

I move on to radiation toward the end of the month.

I thank you all for your tremendous support,

thoughts, prayers and the many, many  acts of kindness.

I look forward to a most fabulous New Year and future

with many, many blessings to be thankful for!

Comments

1. Great news Shirley, Keep fighting and keep your faith in our Lord,He will be with you?

2. Kirby Carespodi says

What wonderful news!!
    The flowers are beautiful, and I love the paper cranes. In fact, over the holidays my daughter and I made them so that I could use them in the shop. I’ve hung them from the ceiling in my booth.

3. Shirley, Your winter white arrangement is gorgeous! I love how you incorporated the potted orchid in your arrangement and combination of ‘good luck’ mums, hydrangeas, calla lilies and stock. I love the sweet addition of your origami crane too that your mom made for you. I’m so happy about the good news of and findings from your path report…such a great photo of you and your mom! Wishing you a wonderful and HEALTHY New Year!!!
    Mary’s recent post…Winter Nesting: Winter White Table + Orchid ArrangementMy Profile

4. Shirley,

That is such great news. I am so happy for you!

Your mom is just precious and I’m so glad you had the opportunity to visit during the holidays. God has blessed us all, Kathy

5. Pat francoforte says

Praising God for this wonderful report!

6. Sandra white says

Beautiful flower arrangement and what great news! So happy you were able to visit your mom. That is the best medicine ever!
    Wishing you a wonderful and healthy new year.

7. Denise Fuller says

So thankful you got a good report! Continued prayers as you go through your treatments!

8. Shirley, this is the most happy news! What a most wonderful way to start off the New Year! Your arrangement is gorgeous, and I love the addition of the orchid and sweet origami birds. You always create the most stunning arrangements and vignettes! Happy New Year and may it be filled with lots of good health, happiness, and blessings!!!

9. It’s SO wonderful to see your smiling face, and you look so healthy, Shirley! And so blessed to still have your wonderful mother with you, and her artistic gifts for this special Christmas. Prayers for your continued successful journey to complete healing! The flower arrangement is just perfect for your winter theme. Happy New Year to you, Shirley!
    Rita C at Panoply’s recent post…Panoply 2019: It’s a Wrap!My Profile

10. Shirley, we all rejoice over your good news…God is so faithful! The photo of your precious Mom and you warms my heart ion this cold day.

Your arrangement is just gorgeous with the good luck blooms and all of the white flowers. The orchid is so striking amongst the callas, spider mums, hydrangeas and stock. The piece de resistance are the origami cranes made by the loving hands of your Mom. Enjoy your beautiful arrangement from your favorite chair, I wish I could join you. It is always a pleasure to join you for Monday Morning Blooms. Blessings and hugs!

11. Alice Genzlinget says

Praise the Lord from whom all blessing flow. So glad to hear of our progress through this difficult time and to see you were able to visit your sweet mom. Many blessings and prayers are sent your way for a healthy and happy new year.

12. What wonderful news! So happy to hear this. Will continue to pray. Remember, God inhabits the praises of His people! Happy New Year, Shirley!

13. Well your floral arrangement is amazing! Love how you artfully arranged the different flowers. Placing the potted orchid in the center was brilliant! Congratulations on the good news! So glad for you that you were able to visit your mom. She is precious and I love the origami she created for you! Blessings abound ❤️
    Liz’s recent post…2nd Christmas Tree and Kitchen DiningMy Profile

14. Best wishes for a Happy and Healthy New Year, Shirley!
    Rosie M.’s recent post…Happy Halloween from The Magic HutchMy Profile

15. Congratulations Shirley on your very encouraging news, such a great start to a new decade! You and your Mother look wonderful and it’s so nice for you to have her by your side. I am looking forward to all your exciting news of your forever home and praying for you to be able to enjoy all that a new home brings!

16. Beautiful flowers…beautiful picture of your mom and you, What a treasure she is…making all those cranes for you. That is fantastic news! What a great start to 2020! Enjoy your day! 😉

17. So happy to hear such positive news! You are in my prayers and will continue to be as you embark on your next phase of treatment.

18. Janie Landis says

Great news, Shirley! Continued prayers for you and may 2020 turn out to be your best year yet! Love the arrangement and touch of Origami!

19. Linda Ramsey says

All I can say is AMEN & praise God for getting you this far on your healing journey. You know how much I love your mother, her strength & positive attitude toward life. The cranes are so pretty & an inspiring reminder to focus on our blessings, not to mention she has such great hand & finger dexterity. Your arrangement is beautiful as always. FYI my Christmas center piece is still alive & beautiful. Thanks again!

20. This is so exciting. I loved hearing this. I have had the same report and know what a great burden is lifted from your shoulders God is so good.

21. Penny at Enjoying The Simple Things says

First, that is the most wonderful amazing news! Your floral arrangement is beautiful. I didn’t know orchids and mums were good luck!

22. Shirley, this is fantastic news and you have so much happiness ahead of you. Starting in your new dream home with your wonderful husband. You’ll fill your home with beauty, new memories and love. I can’t wait for you to enjoy this time.

94 and making pretty origami. Bless your cute mom.

Love this arrangement and happy to have this in my inbox.

23. Terri Santa Coloma says

Glad to hear your good news Shirley. i love the origami cranes and the beautiful white arrangements.

24. Wonderful news! Now on to finishing your house and decorating! I can’t wait to see more pictures of it and I know you are more than ready to get it finished. Continued prayers to stay cancer free!

25. Cathy Temple says

Such wonderful news, Shirley! May continue to Bless you. Happy and Healthy New Year.

26. Such wonderful news about your surgery Shirley, I have been praying for you…Your flower arrangement is so stunning and so creative! I love the orchid and the way you’ve placed the calla lilies. Just beautiful! I would place it front and center where I could see it all the time too! I am amazed that your mother made the beautiful cranes for you, and the one you placed in the arrangement has got to melt your heart when you see it. It’s so wonderful to have you and your beautiful flowers back on Monday Morning Blooms! I know you are having a blessed and Happy New Year!

27. Mary Stevens says

So happy for your great news!!

28. Happy New Year Shirley. I am beyond excited that prayers are answered for you and you got such a great report after your surgery. Radiation hopefully will not be as bad. You were a fierce warrior and you won the battle. Wooo Hooo!
    I love that your mom made you the cranes and what they stand for. Your mom is so sweet and so young for her age. I see so much of you in her. Made me tear up to see the cranes and know your mom made them for you. What a beautiful and loving gift. Your white flower arrangement is gorgeous. You never disappoint with your flower arrangements. Let’s pray for a great new year for you. Lots of beautiful new adventures and a great new home. Wishing you better health and so much joy in each day. Happy belated birthday and Happy New Year.
    xoxo

29. Elaine Reese says

Wonderful news! God bless you and may 2020 be healthy, happy and filled with gratitude!

30. Jacquie Ellsmere says

Very good news indeed! I’ve been there….done that, and understand completely how you must feel. Love the photo of you and your Mom, I am sure she is a big part of your recovery…. sending you the cranes was a very loving thing to do. Love your arrangement and what it means to you at this time……small thoughtful things to remind you how wonderful life is…..Jacquie

31. THIS IS SUCH GOOD NEWS!!! Yes, I’m screaming with joy about your good news. Proof of the power of collective prayer! I’m glad you showed how you put the potted orchid in your container. I will have to copy that trick! That photo of you and your mom is precious as well as her good luck cranes.

32. brenda dubois says

Great news! Blessings….

33. Shirley, I love the beautiful and meaningful floral arrangement you created! The origami cranes are wonderful and I hope they bring you many blessings and much happiness in the New Year.

34. Nancy Brantley says

THANK YOU GOD THANK YOU JESUS! BLESSINGS FOR GREAT NEWS! You arrange beautiful flowers and the crane from your mom puts it over the top SPECIAL. Love the picture of you and mom….

35. Love the beautiful white flower arrangement. BUT even more, I love that you had such a great report from your surgeon! Praise God and prayers for continued good health.

36. Oh Shirley!!!!!! I am So, so, so happy for you!!! Prayers have been answered but will continue that radiation will completely HEAL everything!!!!!! I still pray every night. Now, the arrangement is stunning. Thanks for showing how you incorporated the orchid, I was wondering! I also spied the cranes right away and love them. Your Mom is sure a treasure. I am smiling ear to ear at your GREAT news!!!! XO

37. A very happy New Year for you and your family!

38. heritagehall says

Praises and thanksgiving, Shirley. Continued prayer that radiation will finish the work.
    Your dear Mom has such a sweet smile. Just may try her happiness crane.. what a lovely
    little gift idea…You are looking wonderful and your arrangement is Winter perfect.
    Blessings of the New Year-New Decade…

39. Shirley, I rejoice with you and praise God for this good news! You continue to be in my prayers. Happy New Year, Dear One!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia 😉

40. Praise our Lord for seeing you through. It is wonderful to hear the words you are cancer free! You and your mom look great; so good you were able to spend time together. The arrangement is beautiful and it represents a fresh and healthy New Year!

41. Oh What Wonderful News! Praise God to the highest for such wonderful news! Let’s just rejoice and sing praises!

What a fabulous Christmas present! And your arrangement with your Mom’s oragami birds close by… is stunning!

Happy New Year and hallelujah for such wonderful news!

42. Thanks for sharing the beautiful arrangement. Happy you and your mom got to spend some time together and the good news.

43. Beautiful post Shirley but the great news of your health was the best news of all. My prayers continue for you. Love the photo of you and your Mother. Both of you look great. You have handled this with such courage Shirley. God Bless.

44. Your posts are always beautiful. I am so happy to hear that your were able to visit you Mother and that you received such wonderful news from your doctor.

45. Praising God with you!

46. Bobbi Duncan says

Thrilling news, Shirley!!!!!!!! Now you can start your New Year on a cheerful and peaceful note. I am so happy for you. Love the picture of you and your mom ( know your mom is relieved about your great health report, too). Flower arrangement is very pretty. Hugs!

47. Sabrina Ullrey Mow says

Thanking God for your wonderful news Shirley, Prayers answered ?? I’m so happy for you. Your flower arrangement is beautiful!

48. Shirley, my heart was soaring when I heard the results – the BEST Christmas present ever, dear friend. You look so good in the photo with your darling Mama….and how sweet is she to send you those origami cranes for good luck and health. Your arrangement is just beautiful! Xo Lidy

49. Hi Shirley,
    Great post with an Amazing title!!!

I am a mom with a Blogger. I have read the article. Here is the winter white flower arrangement. It’s an amazing gift for next Christmas. I am glad to read this article. Have a great day!!!

Happy 2020
    –Lily

50. Camille hall says

Praises to our Lord and praying for rich blessings to you, as you continue your treatments.

51. Your flower arrangement is gorgeous, Shirley as are the paper cranes that your mom made for you. I am so glad to read your wonderful health news.

52. Such wonderful news, Shirley! Your flower arrangements are beautiful! Happy New Year! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

53. Wow! beautiful Flower arrangements, Thank you for share Fresh and peaceful white Flowers arrangement.
    Nice and Healthy article. One of the best idea for Valentine’s day.
    Ashwini’s recent post…Valentine Chocolate yummy cakeMy Profile

54. Placing a few fresh cuts around your home could help to improve your family’s health, and in an establishment, this practice could potentially also reduce absenteeism rates among your employees.