Hickory Cottage Update of Kitchen, Sunroom and Lighting

Hello Dear Readers!

I have a bit of an update for you.

I wish I had updates of the

exterior of the house; however,

it’s been raining so much

that we have not been able

to pour any concrete for the driveway;

thus also not being able

to get started on the landscaping.

So today I shall show you the

Hickory Cottage Update of Kitchen,

Sunroom and Lighting.

The kitchen with the island lights.

These lights are not completely

straight. I decided to have my hubby

straighten them rather than paying

the electricians over $100/hour to do so

after they installed them!

The lights over the island are

by Currey and Company (Fitzjames)

Since the chandelier in the Great Room area

is a bit “heavy”,

I wanted a lighter feel for the island

and staying with the wrought iron

that is also in the Great Room chandy.

Did you notice the drawers in the corner

of the kitchen?  Not a fan of Lazy Susans,

in the corner situations of a kitchen.

So the cabinet person designed great

drawers to go in that space.

The view from the kitchen into

the Great Room.

There is still so much detail work

to be done.

I was talking to a friend

and we were discussing how

very expensive new kitchen  builds

are now.  This one cost me more

than my second house! (mid 1970’s)

Great Room Chandelier by Savoy House

(Ashland 12 Light)

The foyer light.

The light was chosen

to compliment the dining room.

Foyer light  from Visual Comfort

(French Market Lantern)

Dining Room Light by Currey and Company.

(Elegance Chandelier)

My view from the kithen sink.

Apron Sink by Kohler (Dickinson)

Bridge Faucet by Moen (Waterhill)

Welcome to the sunny sunroom.

The sunroom chandelier was a last minute

purchase. I bought it off the showroom floor

in a local lighting store. In my haste,

I forgot to ask the manufacturer of this light.

It was a challenge as the ceiling is only

9 feet in this room.

So that’s what I have for you all

so far. There is a small amount of

tile work and lots of grouting to be done.

The marble for the fireplace

surround just came in.

A couple of faucets still need to be

installed to include the bath tub.

Hope you enjoyed my new chandeliers today.

I hope to bring you more photos soon!!!

Have a most beautiful day everyone!

Comments

1. Oh wow, Shirley, everything is so beautiful. I love all the fabulous millwork and your lighting is stunning.

2. Hi, Shirley, wow it’s all looking absolutely gorgeous! What a house that is going to be, you have such great taste.

3. Penny at Enjoying The Simple Things says

Shirley it is stunning! I love all of your design choices.

4. Rebecca turner says

Beautiful! A lot of thought has gone into the making of this house. I love classic details like the arches into the sunroom! It’s a nice view from your kitchen sink. You can still sort of be looking to the outside. I also noticed how the flooring is the same, but changes directions in the sunroom. Nice touch! Love your choice of chandeliers! I can’t wait to see you settled into your new home, Shirley! Enjoy!

5. Anita Bissette says

Shirley, I love your lighting choices! And your kitchen is to die for! Can’t wait to see the rest!

6. Shirley, this is just oh-so pretty. How exciting this must be for you. I absolutely love the kitchen and all those gorgeous archways throughout.

Sigh!!! And those long windows and french doors. Just really, really pretty. I can’t wait to see even more.

That’s going to be so wonderful to finally get all your furnishings and finishing touches.

Of course, I’m also super eager to see how that fab French armoire claims its space as a focal point.

Looking forward to seeing more. Congrats.

7. Love everything! And the corner drawers are a great idea, for sure.

8. Beautiful beautiful choices. The house is looking so good and I know you can’t wait to move in!

9. Amy Chalmers says

Everything is incredible looking, you must feel like a queen ready to take over her castle!!! I love the view from the sink into the sunroom through the triple archways. So beautiful Shirley!! my favorite is the Dining room chandelier. I can imagine it on low dimmer with the fireplace going and a nice little dinner party happening…

10. Beautiful! I know you are excited and looking forward to putting your special touch on these gorgeous spaces!

11. Beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful! My favorites are the floors, the foyer chandelier, and the gorgeous sunroom. Of course, I love the arches, the door facings, and, and, and ….ALL OF IT!

12. Linda Ramsey says

Everything is just beautiful!!! You must be so excited to get closer to finishing. You are so blessed!

13. Alice Genzlinger says

Your kitchen is huge and beautiful. You are so tiny that hubby may have to send a scout out to find you. I love the corner drawers . How smart to think of that and the light fixture truly are my favorite I’ve ever seen. I can’t wait to see how you decorate the space. Hope you are feeling well and fully recovered.

14. Everything is beautiful and moving along inside. The weather has been awful here too. Rain and nothing but clouds the entire winter.

Does having a driveway hold up moving in? In NJ it does.

15. It’s beautiful, Shirley. I hope you are doing well.

16. Nice, VERY nice! Love it all!

17. Hi Shirley,
    It is all beautiful. I love the way the sunlight streams in the rooms. You have to be getting really close. I bet you are excited. Been thinking of you and hoping that you are doing well with the radiation treatment. Big Hugs. Kris

18. Janine Wolfe says

Your new house is gorgeous. Can’t wait to see it all finished. Wishing you nothing but great days ahead. xoxox

19. It looks amazing! I love how all the lights look together ! I know it was quite a puzzle, but you did an amazing job choosing each one. Your kitchen and great room look wonderful, I can’t wait to hear that you are in your lovely new home, my talented friend. xoxo

20. Hi Shirley,
    That KITCHEN is soooo beautiful!!!!! Love the corner drawers. Did you come up with that idea or contractor. Really good idea. All the lights are sooo pretty. Love the lights over the island and the one in front of a fireplace; really French Country with the brass crown at the top. If I may, who is the maker of your florring? It’s beautiful; love the different tones of wood. Shirley, you have really done well and I’m so happy for you. God is sooo good to us and I’m still praying for good health for you and that you and your hubby can enjoy your new home really soon. Keep sending photos.
    your friend,
    jean

21. Oooh I love everything here! The lighting fixtures are so classy. They make a statement yet they are light and airy. That chandelier in the dining room is awesome! Woo hoo you are fast approaching the final countdown!
    Liz’s recent post…“BE MINE”My Profile

22. Your lighting selections are all beautiful Shirley. Can’t wait to see your furniture and accessories in this gorgeous home! Hope you are feeling well and enjoying every minute of building your home.

23. Gorgeous fixtures Shirley, I love seeing your updates! I love all the light in your “sunny sunroom” too. 🙂

24. It’s so pretty Shirley!! Love love love the chandeliers and everything you’ve chosen. Hope you’re feeling much better xoxox

25. So beautiful 😍. I really like the drawers in the corner. What a great idea!

26. So pretty! I love your choices!

27. Just gorgeous, I’m SO happy for you!!!

28. The lighting compliments each other perfectly, the millwork is amazing
    And love the placement of the kitchen sink…charming view!
    Happy Valentine’s Day

29. So great to see your lovely home coming together. Hope you are feeling better. I am almost 1 year post chemo (April) and that is a good place to be! We had to delay some improvements in our new home (we did not build it) and are changing some light fixtures! Coincidently we just received the Fitzjames fixture yesterday. We are using it over our round breakfast room kitchen. It is open to the family room and we had to get a coordinating fixture in there. We were limited as our ceilings are only 9 ft, but it was fun to see what you chose to coordinate with the Fitzjames. You lighting choices are beautiful. Enjoy!!! Debra

30. Shirley, everything is beautiful, from the floors to the lighting to the arches and all the exquisite trim! Like others, I can’t wait to see it all decorated with your special talent.

31. Shirley, your home is going to be stunningly beautiful! The light fixtures are gorgeous! I am so excited for you!

32. Nancy Brantley says

Hickory Cottage is looking good! Can’t wait to see you decorate.

33. You have chosen such lovely pieces. Cant wait to see more! Hope you are doing much better and can move in soon.

34. I am sure you will love having a “sunny sun room”, I sure do! Your lighting fixtures are all beautiful. This house is so different from your last one. I love to see how people’s taste changes through the years. It is all going to be gorgeous. WE, too,have had rain, rain and more rain. UGH! Today the sun FINALLY came out but brought BITTER cold. What a trade off. Have a beautiful weekend!

35. What a beautiful, amazing house you’re building! It will soon be your home, your beautiful home. Thanks for sharing the process with us. I can’t wait to see the finished result. May Almighty God bless you and your husband!

36. You have to be getting very excited about your new place as it looks to be nearing completion. With all your magic touches, it will be perfect. Hope you are doing well.

37. Your house is looking so good! The lighting that you chose is gorgeous as is your kitchen. Love the corner drawers!